Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tunes on Tuesday

I noticed this song on the radio while I drove home into the majesty of a thunderstorm the other night...and it's very interesting musically...with the bridge and chorus blending and the almost African clapping at the end. But, it really hits me in my heart too. I realize, probably more when I work through physical weakness and adversity, that God is doing a mighty work in me.  This makes me think of Philippians 1:6, "I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."

All this pain..
I wonder if I'll ever find my way.
I wonder if my life could really change, at all.
All this earth..
Could all that is lost ever be found?
Could a garden come up from this ground, at all?

[chorus:]
You make beautiful things,
You make beautiful things out of dust.
You make beautiful things,
You make beautiful things out of us.

All around,
Hope is springin up from this old ground.
Out of chaos, life is being found in You.

[chorus:] 2x

[bridge:]
You make me new,
You are making me new.
You make me new,
You are making me new. (making me new.)

[bridge & chorus together]3x

2 comments:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I love it that God can make anything new.

Anonymous said...

Hi, your blog really touches me, have been reading it for a while... Just wanted you to know about a website i started ReadYourBiblesChurch.com... It's a place for Bible study guides.. I also put a forum in that can be viewed from a mobile device.. I couldn't find where to contact you privately so I'm commenting, hope that is okay. :) God Bless!