Monday, April 15, 2013

A Very Married Monday To Yous!!

I was nineteen, you were twenty-one The year we got engaged
Everyone said we were much too young But we did it anyway

We bought our rings for forty each From a pawn shop down the road
We made our vows and took the leap Now fifteen years ago

We went dancing in the minefields We went sailing in the storm
And it was harder than we dreamed But I believe that's what the promise is for

"I do" are the two most famous last words The beginning of the end
But to lose your life for another I've heard Is a good place to begin
'Cause the only way to find your life Is to lay your own life down
 And I believe it's an easy price For the life that we have found

And we're dancing in the minefields We're sailing in the storm
This is harder than we dreamed But I believe that's what the promise is for

So when I lose my way, find me When I loose love's chains, bind me
At the end of all my faith, till the end of all my days
When I forget my name, remind me

'Cause we bear the light of the Son of Man So there's nothing left to fear
So I'll walk with you in the shadowlands Till the shadows disappear
'Cause he promised not to leave us And his promises are true
So in the face of all this chaos, baby, I can dance with you

by Andrew Peterson

1 comment:

Barbara H. said...

LOVE that song, and it's truths.