Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Happy Hodgepodge!





 

1. April showers bring May flowers...what have you been showered with this month?
I thought about putting anxiety but that sounds awful.  Um, responsibility?  I seem to have more than the usual amount of balls in the air and less help than normal.  Yikes.  

2. What is the nature of compassion?  Is it learned or innate?  Can compassion be learned?  If you're a parent is this something you've purposely sought to instill in your children, and if so how?
I think, due to our sin nature, we are naturally selfish.  I think only a changed heart can bring true compassion.  That being said, I do try to instill compassion in my children by reminding them of Christ's precious sacrifice for our sins...and how they are to love other as He loves them.

3. Do you prefer to watch romantic comedy or romantic drama...or are you rolling your eyes saying bring on the action flicks?
Romantic Comedy...I just watched Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail while Loverbrains was away.  Now that you know what I like, any suggestions for my next solo watch-a-thon!?  Note: Nothing that'll freak me out like PS I love you...sheesh, bawl fest.

4.  It's April which means baseball season is officially upon us here in the US of A. Humphrey Bogart is quoted as saying "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." Agree or Disagree?
Yeah, I kind of hate hot dogs...and the only reason I care about baseball at all right now is cuz my son thinks his Daddy's old cards are fun to scatter around the house!

5. What's something in your community or city that needs fixing or improving?
We've had a major influx of panhandlers lately.  It's kind of scary.  I don't want to get into the politics of the varied solutions I have in mind for this issue right now...but it's something that needs to be addressed.

6. Share a song you enjoy that mentions flowers or a specific flower in its title.
This is partially why I love the ukulele.  This song is so cute...and I could picture myself doing something just like this...I was much like this when I taught...although without the ukulele skills.  I also spontaneously sing this song...odd...it sort of sits in my brain and pops out at odd moments.

7. April 22nd is Earth Day...do you believe there's life on other planets?  That wasn't the question you were expecting was it?
Um, no.
8.  Insert your own random thought here.
So thankful for a cathartic writing outlet...not because it allows me to procrastinate per se...but it gives me something to do while my brain percolates on what I can no longer focus on without throwing up.  I'm giving a seminar Saturday...in front of my peers...and my stomach hurts.  It's nice to blog for a while and let my pile of notes take a rest until tomorrow....then I gotta time it out and make sure it fits into 40 minutes.  I'm betting the second time I do it...(yes, I get to do it twice, back to back)...it'll be much better.  Well, maybe.

7 comments:

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail are two of my favorites too!

April said...

Best of luck with your seminar...you're going to knock 'em dead! Love that song...makes me happy just hearing it!

retired not tired said...

Good luck with your seminar. I love Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan.

Mary said...

That song brings back memories!

Pastor D said...

Watch "While You Were Sleeping."

Barbara H. said...

I love the two movies you mentioned. I haven't seen P.S I Love You. I liked While You Were Sleeping, too. A good couple of old ones are Penny Serenade and Roman Holiday.

Joyce said...

My favorite I think is Sweet Home Alabama : )