Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday: Creativity died.

As I stood in front of the sliding doors, marveling at the flurry of feathered friends fighting for food in the snow, a poetic spirit filled my heart...and I wanted to create a poem of praise for my Creator.  But...in that same moment...Creativity died. 

My pride said, "There are probably a million such poems and pictures composed already.  All part of the public domain.  Why bother."

And I pondered how creativity is tied to pride.  Either the oblivious pride that my ideas are original and marvelous and better than everyone elses...or the reversed pride that there is nothing new under the sun so why bother.

Why bother?

Because He deserves my praise.  In my heart or published abroad.  If He is marvelous and mighty...I should shout it!  Sing it!  Cry it out!!

Oh stupid pride...die, die, die.  Stop making me think I'm more than I am...God is all to me and more than enough.  His grace is sufficient and efficient.  Stop discouraging me from praising my worthy Savior.  Without His mercy I'd be stuck in the darkness and gloom you promote.  Oh Stupid pride...I was made for the Light...so, go away!

The only good in me is Jesus...whatever else you see...the only good in me is Jesus, Jesus.   

Oh, Lord...Turn me inside out so that I can be a reflection of the One who made me...so the world can see that it's Christ in me, Lord...Turn me inside out.

Giver of every breath I breathe
Author of all eternity
Giver of every perfect thing
To You be the glory
Maker of Heaven and of Earth
No one can comprehend Your worth
King over all the universe
To You be the glory

And I am alive because I'm alive in You

It's all because of Jesus I'm alive
It's all because the blood of Jesus Christ
That covers me and raised this dead man's life
It's all because of Jesus I'm alive
I'm alive, I'm alive

Giver of every breath I breathe
Author of all eternity
Giver of every perfect thing
To You be the glory
Maker of Heaven and of Earth
No one can comprehend Your worth
King over all the universe
To You be the glory

And I am alive because I'm alive in You

It's all because of Jesus I'm alive
It's all because the blood of Jesus Christ
That covers me and raised this dead man's life
It's all because of Jesus

Every sunrise sings Your praise
The universe cries out Your praise
I'm singing freedom all my days
Now that I'm alive

I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive  
(by ZOE All Because Of Jesus)

1 comment:

Joyce said...

That is a spectacular picture! I love it, definitely makes me want to sing out too!