Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Meme...

I decided to join this Christmas Meme because it is fun. Plus, I'm having blogger's block.



1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?Coffee


2.Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?Santa doesn't bring us presents.


3. Colored lights on house/tree or white?White.


4. Do you hang mistletoe?Nope, but I have a plastic piece I think about hanging each year. I'm not quite sure how to attach it above a doorway.


5.When do you put your decorations up?It used to be the day after Thanksgiving but with advent it was week before.



6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?Uhhhh...pecan pie. Not only for dessert!



7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?Putting on the real records and decorating the tree together as a family.



8.When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?I had a talk with my Dad in the car. I asked him if Santa was real. He, in typical Dad fashion, answered with a question, "How do we know if something is real or not?" I said, "Well, it would be in the Bible." He nodded. I was silent for a bit...and then asked, "Is Santa in the Bible?" He said, "No." And that was it. I was satisfied with that answer.



9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?Yes--pajamas.



10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?We use gold ribbon from our wedding as garland. All the ornaments we've gathered over time. Some are from my Grandma...and were made by my Mom when she was little! I'm so excited for them to start being made by my own babies!


11. Snow. Love it or dread it?Love it. Well, if I don't have to drive in it.



12. Can you ice skate?Ugh, ouch...NO!



13. Do you remember your favorite gift?I remember dollies...and their names. I had Danielle Grace (a My Child), Ruth Ann (Cabbage Patch I named after my Grandma because she was in the hospital), Janet Louisa, Gregory James (he was bald)...I have some of my old stuffed animals and remember their names too! I had two Wrinkles names Samson and Boaz! Ahhh, the things you remember.



14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you?
Jesus.




15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?Springerlie. Well, after Pecan pie!



16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Watching Charlie Brown's Christmas.




17. What tops your Christmas tree?A twiggy gold star.



18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?Giving.



19. What is your favorite Christmas song?O Holy Night.



20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck?I want about one a year. I like to suck them 'til they get a sharp point!



21. What do you want for Christmas?Snow...not a gray one!



22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?There are always church parties, etc.



23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's?Dress up for church.



24. Do you own a Santa hat?Nope.



25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
Family.

No comments: