So, I thought I'd try something new...Thursday Thirteen looked fun and different...I had no idea it was so huge...as they say, "It's more than a Meme, It's a microcosm." I looked up microcosm for ya'll...according to Webster's it means A little world; miniature universe. A relatively small object or system considered as representative of a larger system of which it is a part.
Thirteen of my Favorite Christmas Cookies...in ranked order.
1. Springerlie (This is an old Dutch family recipe...anise flavored..ugly...and very addictive)
2. Raisin Filled Cookies (Jack and Mary Vaughn makes the very best!)
3. Molasses Cookies In our family we argue about Henry C. (my great grandfather's) or Mary V's (family friend family)
4. Jelly Jewels These have a blob of jelly in the middle. In my opinion they should be bite sized and made with jelly that tastes good...not looks good...ie. NO MINT JELLY...yuck!
5. Snickerdoodles Cinnamon and sugar...yummo!
6. Frosted Sugar Cookies I don't want many...but they are fun...Can't wait to do this with Emma this year!
7. Apricot Balls (gluten free--I almost got really sick eating these last year. My Mom made me A LOT of them!)
8. Citrus Macaroons (gluten free--my hubby loves these. They aren't very citrusy...I wonder if I could add an extract.)
9. Pumpkin Cookies (another of my hubby's favorites..of course he loves pumpkin pie so...)
10. Chocolate Crinkles (cuz they are easy and quick to make)
11. Gingerbread Men (yes, men...you have to have legs to bite off too.)
12. Peanut Butter Fingers (yes, I know...not really a cookie but work with me people!)
13. Pecan Pie (I think this is only fair...because well...it should be a cookie!)