Friday, September 24, 2010
Caffeinated Randomness: Tagged...You're it!
Barbara from Stray Thoughts tagged me with an 8 Questions meme, in which she asks 8 questions, I answer them, then make up 8 new questions to tag 8 others with. I'm choosing to tag all the lovelies that participate in Caffeinated Randomness today! First, here are Barbara’s questions and my answers:
1. What is the greatest benefit you receive from blogging?
The ability to share my kiddos funtimes with missionaries and extended family....The chance to throw out my thoughts...zany, spiritual, deep or otherwise....AND SOMETIMES...even get comments. Yeah!!
2. What was your childhood nickname? How did you get it? Are you still called that now? (Oops — I guess that’s three in one!)
My given name is Roberta...I go by Bobbi...but my parents still call me Bobbi Jo...ugh! My Daddy calls me The Schmoe...based on a song he wrote that has rhyming lyrics...Bobbi Jo is a schmoe! Only he calls me that!
3. Miracle Whip or mayonnaise?
Mayonnaise...the other is sickly sweet. If you're at my house you'll have to sprinkle the potato salad with Splenda if you want a comparable taste. Yucko...more power to ya!
4. What is your favorite season and why?
I always say I love Fall...and I do love the crisp air and changing leaves...BUT somehow I manage to block out the horrible HORRIBLE allergies part. Humph!
5. When you are sick, do you like a lot of attention and pampering, or do you like to be left alone?
I would love to simply have MY TURN to be sick...but it seems that, being the MomE, I'm generally caring for someone else or needed to bounce back on my feet and keep going. Ugh...not so fun..but this is my life!
6. Share one pleasant childhood memory.
I used to play for hours by myself. I was an only child for 10 years. I remember playing in these huge bushes in our yard...maybe they were lilacs. I'd spread blankets among the branches and create rooms in my house. I'd care for all my babies and dream. Now I live in my dreams...I am the MomE, taking care of my babies...in our own little house!
7. Share a time a hymn ministered to you in a special way.
O Love That Wilt Not Let Me Go by George Matheson and Albert L. Peace
Especially the second verse...O Light that follow'st all my way, I yield my flickering torch to Thee; My heart restores its borrowed ray, That in Thy sunshine's glow its day May brighter, fairer be.
Go here to hear a clip...HERE!
8. Describe your favorite coffee mug (or show us a photo of it). Why do you like it?
If I have to choose...I'll say this mug with no handles. It has inlaid pearl pieces and you can curl your fingers all around it. My Mom and I have matchy mugs!
1. What is your favorite childhood story and why?
2. What christian book, other than the Bible, has deeply affected you lately?
3. What was your Pastor's sermon on last week??
4. Chips or Popcorn?
5. What is your favorite Christmas cookie? I'm up for recipes too!!
6. Do you have a favorite chair? Are you brave enough to share a picture?? At least share why.
7. How much (and of what type) CAFFEINATED (or, okay...sigh...decaf) RANDOMNESS do you daily indulge?? (I love Starbucks Verona...about 4 cups a day...iced, espressoed, latted, etc.)
8. How did you choose your childrens' names?
SO, join in chiccies!! Smiles and love to you today!! Remember, Michelle is now hosting CR...