Monday, November 1, 2010

Memory Monday: Isaiah 55:1-2...My First Vlog!


Isaiah 55:1-2, "Ho! Every one who thirsts, come to the waters; And you who have no money come, buy and eat. Come, buy wine and milk Without money and without cost. Why do you spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And delight yourself in abundance."
Just a tiny note...this Vlog thing is tricky...sorry...that's like the 6th take!  I'm actually surprised I did it in so few...I had to try different angles, etc.  I thought about having Loverbrains tape it but...wanted to get it done. 

I studied these verses and I would encourage anyone memorizing scripture to do so...you need to know what it mean, how it connects to other scripture...in order to get maximum impact.  Sounds like a good commercial...yes?

These two verses are referring to spiritual thirst and spiritual refreshment.

Wine and milk are symbols of abundance.

Romans 6:23 talks about the death of our Servant paying for free gift of life.  Hence, "without money and without cost."

The questions about seeking what is not bread or does not satisfy is a call away from all practices of sin/paganism.

To eat what is good is to enjoy God's blessings.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Congratulations! That was great.