Monday, November 8, 2010

Memory Monday: Isaiah 55:1-4...

“Ho! Every one who thirsts, and come to the waters;
         And you who have no money come, buy and eat.
         Come, buy wine and milk
         Without money and without cost. "

“Why do you spend money for what is not bread,
         And your wages for what does not satisfy?
         Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,
         And delight yourself in abundance."

“Incline your ear and come to Me.
Listen, that you may live;
         And I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
         According to the faithful mercies shown to David. "
“Behold, I have made him a witness to the peoples,
         A leader and commander for the peoples."



Okay, so obviously...not perfect.  But...I'm not way off...and didn't miss any major chunks.  I'm only allowing myself ONE take...cuz...well, I could practice it over and over...and that's not fair.  Sorry, about the rocking...a bit nervous!  In case anyone is wondering...I do not have cue cards in the air...I just stare into space as I try to picture the words.  I'm a very visual learner...memorizer too!

Study of verses 3-4 came up with this: 
everlasting covenant- refers to the unending dynasty that culminates with the Messiah, Jesus Christ. 
faithful mercies- reminds and assures a continued nation.  Christ's resurrection is proof...Acts 13:34. 
"him" can refer to David because he exalted God among the nations. OR David's "son"...the Messiah who was the light of the nations.

Next week I'm adding verses 5-6!  If you decide to join me...please let me know.  I'd love to come check it out...and support you as you endeavor to hide God's Word in your heart. 

No comments: