Looks cute doesn't it? Don't you believe it!!
Why did I go upstairs? Why am I looking in the fridge again? Seriously, duh!!?
2. Do you grow roses? What's your favorite color of rose? Ever been given a dozen roses? Where was the prettiest rose or rose garden you remember seeing?
I have tea roses growing next to my mailbox that are our "family rose"...they were cultivated by my Great Grandfather...and smell like a little bit of pink heaven! I always take one to my Pastor's wife in a cobalt vase...because she remembers similar roses from her childhood in New England.
3. Do you read the freshness dates on grocery store products? Will you use eggs past their 'use by' date? Take medication that's expired? Buy a dented can?
I'm not a snob...I'll use dented cans and I buy generic. BUT, I don't take the health risk of using things post date...like eggs and milk. I knew someone who got salmonella poisoning and almost died. It's dangerous. Don't even get me started on the the medication thang. Loverbrains and I disagree on this subject adamantly. Always take all of your antibiotics...do not save them for another time. *gasp* I throw them OUT!
4. Should athletes be role models?
Well...like it or lump it...they are. Not necessarily GOOD role models. I'm sort of anti sports...I'm not the best person to talk to about athletes. I think the whole culture is messed up. What upsets me most is that an industry so completely supported by money, sex, and booze is an approved form of idolatry for most christians. Sports related sermon illustrations leave me cold. Thankfully, they're rare at my church.
5. Edmund Hillary of New Zealand and Tenzing Norgay of Nepal became the first explorers to reach the top of Mt. Everest on this date (May 29) back in 1953. What's something you hope to achieve in your lifetime?
I'd really like to run a mini marathon...I just don't know if I'm capable. I did a 5k last year...and I'm gearing up for another one this Fall. That was a big challenge...a mini just seems far far off. 13.1 miles is a lot more than 3.10685596 miles. The most I've ever done is 5...and that was a weird fluke day.
6. What would you do if you had twenty acres of land and the money to develop it any way you choose?
Where? Downtown...in the country? Overseas?? All would be factors in my decision. I think it'd have something to do with quilting. Maybe I'd make a bunch of cabins or a lodge and have quilt camps and classes. Twenty acres is big...really big. Gee...I need more time to think....
7. If I invite you to a party with a 7 PM start time, what time will I actually see you there?
Early...6:45...unless I sit outside and walk up at 6:55. Depends on how close of friends we are...I might come in and help you finish setting up. I have an early disease...sorry.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My dog keeps rolling in rabbit poo. I've put bone meal down...that makes rabbits leave but the dog eats it and then rolls again. She eats the rabbit poo too. I put down a bottle of hot sauce and water...and she somehow found another spot and rolled in that. I'm ready to kill her...It never happens at a convenient time but right before I'm supposed to be leaving for somewhere and I have to wash her stinky furry buns...Grrr. Any suggestions? Please help me.