Traffic raises my blood pressure...sooo I don't drive in it...hehehe! Yes, I love doing errands in the early morning. I had it checked about a year ago. All's well...
2. You just found $1-what do you spend it on? How about 10$ 100?
Found money...as in not allocated into the budget yet? How do you spell....GARAGE SALE!!!!
3. Mandatory labeling of genetically engineered (GE) food has been proposed, but not enacted in the US. How much attention do you give food labels before you buy? Are you in favor of labeling if it means an increase in food prices? Is this an issue you've been following and feel strongly about, or is this the first you've heard of the controversy?
Since our son has major food allergies...and I've had major GI issues over the years...I do read labels carefully. The GE issue is interesting. I think we could probably figure it out without the labeling and hike in prices...ya know, when in doubt don't buy it. I'm all for buying organic beef...it's having the funds set aside ahead of time that's needed...and a good freezer. Oh, and a neighbor with a generator so you don't spaz when the power goes out!! ;-)
4. May 15th marks the birthdate of Frank Baum, author of The Wizard of Oz. At this point in time, are you more in need of brains, courage, heart, or a trip back home? Explain.
Courage. Solo Mia!!
5. "There's no place like home" is an oft repeated line from Baum's book. When was the last time you felt the truth of that statement?
The hum of activity has been intense lately...I feel that way when I get a quiet day like today...to just do mountains of laundry and chill with my little man...ahhhh.
6. Steak...yes please or no thank you? What cut do you prefer and how do you like yours cooked? Sauce or no sauce? Besides your own kitchen, where's a place you like to go to get a great steak?
Steak...*drool dribble* I love steak...hands down my favorite meal. I like Organic Sirloin. Medium. No sauce (tsk tsk...the very idea)...Besides my own kitchen...I really enjoy a place called The Brown Derby near my parent's home in Canton, Ohio. My folks have sent us there on a couple of dates while they watched the grandkids. :)
7. When was the last time you were in a genuine hurry?
Sorry...I'm perpetually early...because I flip out when I'm in hurry situations. Since I don't relish the joys of being that kind of
EDIT: I lied...I'm so sorry. I just remembered....I few months ago I forgot my yearly physical exam. I needed an insurance form signed and when my phone reminded me 5 minutes til...I had home hair dye in...my son with me...raced there...it was the yearly lady exam (ahem)...and then I forgot to get the stupid form signed. Yeah, that one was so traumatic I momentarily blocked it from my memory. Great...well, I'm not going back up to answer number one again but I'm betting all this hurried recall has elevated mine a bit! Sigh...
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Funtimes...as I begin yet another solo stint without the Loverbrains (til June)...I somehow hurt my neck and shoulders...I could hardly move yesterday but today I'm a bit better. I think my body ganged up on me...my stress filled weeks are coming to an end so my body thought it'd be fun to seize up all those muscles I've been clenching. I weeded my perennial garden and that tipped me over the edge. Thankfully, my new neighbor is a massage therapist. I've watched her kids a few times so she could work on patients...and when I told her I was in pain she very sweetly told me to come right over. Praise the Lord...for her healing hands. She was afraid to work on me for more than a half hour because it hurt me so badly...so I might have to go back again...but what an answer to prayer she was to me! God is so good even when I'm in pain.