1. Are you doing anything special to mark this season of Advent? If so please share.
This year we are using Ann VosKamp's new book...and ornaments I made to go with it.
Prancer...I'm dancing in one spot, trying to tell myself to be calm.
3. What's worse-too quiet or too loud? Which have you had more of lately?
Yes!!!...I've had quiet days and loud nights...
4. This question comes to you from Zoanna over at A Penchant for Pens-thanks Zo!
When you are administratively gifted, how often do you find yourself not trusting less gifted people to do what they've committed to do? If you are not so gifted that way, but are reliable, how do you feel when the stronger person (in that area) goes ahead and covers it before giving you a chance to come through?
I've grown in this area...I hope. I think I realized that I was hurting people by not trusting them. The way other people do things, while not the way I would always approach things, is still just fine. I also learned to be careful when I select people...reliability isn't everything. You can be burnt, and I have been, by not checking more carefully on what you've delegated. Bottom line in any kind of leadership...PRAY...and Trust God. It's a journey to do that more fully.
I do not handle it well when people go over my head and do what they gave me to do...but this is rare, as I am often the strongest personality present and am liable to just openly communicate my problems. Hopefully, with more grace these days...
5. What is your most dreaded task relating to the holidays? Your most looked forward to holiday task?
Traveling to see family. It's not the seeing family that bothers me...it's the traveling. Not that I particularly want to live closer...(I don't, I like my space)....I just dread the weather and drive...and feel like I come home exhausted. When people ask me how my holidays were I generally say, "Well, they're over!" Ugh.
I most look forward to celebrating advent with the kids. It's a special way to say NO to all the consumer crazy nutsy counterfeit christmas junk. Lighting candles...breathing calmly...singing sweetly...praying! Ahhhh...
6. Facebook has released its list of the 'most talked about' topics of 2013. Pope Francis took the number one spot. Does that surprise you? He was followed by election, royal baby, typhoon, and Harlem Shake. Your thoughts? What was your most talked about topic in 2013? (Facebook, around the kitchen table, or wherever it is you talk)
I was very surprised. I wonder if that means that the majority of those on Facebook are Catholic?! Although...I'm not really sure what else I thought would be "most talked about"...
7. What's something you consider a necessity that others might view as a luxury?
The first thing that comes to mind is my smartphone...gasp...I've been won over to the dark side.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Oh, just look at my babies from advent past! CUTE!