Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Wednesday Hodgepodge about MYselfie!
1. According to Oxford Dictionaries, the 2013 word of the year is 'selfie'. Your thoughts? When did you last take a selfie? Do you post them online somewhere? Do you prefer to be in front of the camera or behind the lens?
Let's just say that there are teens on my fb that are currently hidden because I can't take the constant selfies. I question if they've lost their mirrors and so use their phones instead? It's pretty narcissistic...and that's er, interesting...since all we ever hear is that all these gals struggle from low self esteem, etc. etc. Which is why I never say anything (unless their immodest *ahem*)...I just make sure it's hidden where I don't need to see each one.
I prefer to be behind the camera. I'm rarely content with the pictures taken of me...and I can't remember the last time I took my own picture. Even though my iphone has a nifty feature for just this purpose...I can't do it. sigh...
Above is my favorite picture of me and my babies ...
2. Will you send out Christmas cards this year? If so, are they ready to go? If not, are you glad or sad about leaving that tradition behind?
They were mailed Monday. I only did about 60 this year. I've cut back...way back. If you're on FB you pretty much aren't getting one. I post the family pic...so, you're all set. If you are on FB and still get one...either you're family or you're special!
3. Do you trust easily?
Nope...and my experience with people as I get older isn't make this an easier thang. Just sayin'...
4. Pine-cinnamon-peppermint-vanilla (as in sugar cookie)...of those listed, which one is your favorite December scent?
5. Did you do more talking or more listening yesterday? Was that by choice or necessity?
More listening...by choice...very deliberate choice.
6. What's the last song that got stuck in your head? Sorry if it's back there now : )
God loves me dearly. It's a song I sing with my babies in the ministry I love best. I sing it about a zillion times a morning...hum hum hum...."God loves me dearly gives me salvation. God loves me dearly loves even me. Therefore, I'll say again God loves me dearly. God loves me dearly. Loves even me!"
7. Which world explorer (in the whole history of the world) would you most like to have traveled with, and why?
I would have liked to be with Louis and Clark...maybe Sacajawea. It would have been so amazing to see an unspoiled, unsettled and wild America!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's fun to get special treats...cheap treats...that make your children squeal with delight. See!? Yay for marshmallow madness hot cocoa!!