Saturday, December 14, 2013

Sew Saturday: Organic Pillow

I had one of those rare afternoons this week...where I could have cleaned but I decided to sew instead.  I've been working on Christmas things...but that afternoon I decided I'd just put on some music and sew a random "me" project. 
I got this sampler packet of organics fabric from Quilt Camp.  I had an idea to make them into sheep for a wall hanging...but today decide they'd make a warm, lovey pillow.  My friend gave me her packet too...so, I had enough for a nice sized pillow. 
The variety of thicknesses was vast.  Some were heavenly soft.  The organic Sherpa in particular...oh, my! My my my!!  Too bad I didn't know about this fabric when I had babies.  Sooooo soft!
I chain pieced it together and then arranged it with a "snowball" pattern in mind.  Between the combination of my anxiousness to get it done (not enough pinning) and the different thicknesses, let's just say...it shifted all over creation....so, NO...you don't get a close up.  The seams don't match up.  Hey, it's a cozy pillow...it's relaxed about such things. 
I tried it out on my bed upstairs but it was just TOO stark on the quilt.  I keep thinking I want pillows on my bed...but I am realizing that I don't want any of the blocks of my beautiful quilt covered...hahaha.  So, now it's downstairs on the couch.  Quickly to be destroyed I'm afraid.  Sigh...
Here's a picture where you can kind of see all the different textures of the fabrics.  Ooooo...Ahhhh!

So, what have you been sewing??

No comments: