Wednesday, January 22, 2014
I love to bowl but sadly haven't been for years. I guess the kids are old enough now to enjoy that...hmmmm? Thanks for the idea. No, I'm not very good...I was in high school. I was even on a bowling team my Junior year. HA! Use it or lose it.
2. Should sports stars be role models?
Well, maybe not good role models (for the most part)...but, as I tell my kids and those I watch...you are being an example, so be a good one. Be kind.
3. January is National Oatmeal month...are you a fan? How do you like your oats?
I love oatmeal but find it doesn't stick with me that long. Probably due to too much sugar on top! My favorite use of oats is in blondie brownies....then you can tell yourself they're healthy.
4. What is one book on your reading list for 2014?
The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches By Alan Bradley....If you've never read this series (read it in order starting with Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie) they are so interesting....dry humor, very British...they follow an 11 year old girl, Flavia DeLuce through mysteries involving her family and little village. They always end on a cliffhanger...
5. What would you like your future self to say to your present self?
Be faithful to Jesus...Everything will be just fine. You are in His perfect care!
6. When scrolling through the TV guide, what is one movie title that makes you want to stop, grab the popcorn, and watch for a while?
I'd like to see Saving Mr Banks...especially after Jo's review. I love Mary Poppins...
7. What are two style trends you hope never come back into fashion?
Poofy bangs and animal print tights. I've done both...yeah, some things should only happen once.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This winter...sigh...I've had enough. After an elongated winter break with bitterly cold temps I wasn't super excited about having Monday off. Sorry MLKJr. And now...Tuesday....more snow, more cold...and NO SCHOOL. Argh! My kids are going nuts...