Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Half Way Hodgpodge

1.  Are you a force to be reckoned with? In what way?
I can be very driven and focused on the task at hand.  I hope I'm nicer than I used to be...but it is a challenge to not push things and people to the side when trying to move something (an event, routine, etc.) forward.  It might be all in how you deal with people.  Hopefully, I've gained some tact.  Those I've moved to the side abruptly might feel I'm a force to be reckoned with...and not in a good way. 
2. What are two things you love about the wintertime? Or, if love feels like too strong a word, what are two things you 'like' about winter?
1.  When the snow covers each tree branch and it sparkles a bit.  
2.  When I'm cozy inside looking at it!
3. Pomegranate, kumquat, persimmon, kiwi, and guava are all fruits said to have health benefits, particularly during the winter months. Do you have a favorite on the list? Are there any on the list you haven't tried?
I've never had kumquats.  I like pomegranate but what a pain!  I'll go with kiwi as the favorite on this list.  The fuzzy, green and sour strawberry!
4. I passed a local church yesterday and noticed they had this on their outdoor sign- 'When all else fails, do the right thing.' Your thoughts?
Perhaps we should attempt to do the right thing all the time...and way BEFORE all else fails!?
5. Do you ski? According to one list I've seen, the top 5 ski destinations for 2014 are-St. Anton Austria, Whistler Canada, Cortina Italy, Tahoe USA, and Zermatt Switzerland.  Of the five listed, which would you most like to visit? We can make skiing optional if that helps the non-skiers with their answer.
I ski splendidly...on my backside.  So just purely as a vacationer...I'll go with Austria.  I like the Sound of Music!! 
6.  What's the last thing you looked for online? (Besides my blog!)
A recipe I'd pinned on Pinterest for Chorizo and Kale soup.
7. What saying, slogan, quote, or motto have you seen lately that inspires you for the new year?
“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.  You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might."  Deuteronomy 6:4-5
8.  Insert your own random thought here.
There are times I find it irritating to be female.  Those times you know your hormones are well, raging, and you also know that you DO NOT want them dictating your behavior.  Ugh....It's hard to go against what my sinful nature wants to do.  No more excuses...nasty is nasty.  PERIOD.  (Pun intended.)
 

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Course when those hormones quit raging that's a whole 'nother issue : ) Hope your day is warm and cozy!