Monday, January 6, 2014

Monday Musings

I love those kinds of books that start each chapter with a quote that aids in unfolding the story.  Recently, while reading someone's journey through Myleofibrosis I stumbled over this chapter leading quote.

"Only a physician who believes in a potential power for healing that exists within his patient can treat his patient...In a sense the physician can be only the assistant to this power..." 
~Earl A. Loomis

My initial thoughts were sort of along the grumbly lines of Doctors having Messiah complexes, etc.  And that this quote sort of is like the faith healers.  If you aren't getting better then you lack internal power (faith)...keeping your physician from drawing on said power and you are then therefore...doomed.  

And then...I thought what a great comfort it was that I have a GREAT PHYSICIAN and Heavenly Father.  He walks hand in hand with me! 

"He is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them."  Hebrews 7:25

He sees no great power or any goodness within me but He chose to love me anyway.

"For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.  For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die—  but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."  Romans 5:6-8

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine."  Isaiah 43:1


...because He is all-powerful and Able to do more than we could ask or think!

"I know you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted." Job 42:2
"He performs wonder that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted."  Job 9:10

"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."  Ephesians 3:20-21

My GP needs no assistance to HIS power.  But all physicians need His assistance to their human powers.  Such healing power comes not from the patient...but from the Almighty!

"But our God is in the heavens;  He does whatever He pleases."  Psalm 115:3


No comments: