I think that remembering Who God is will keep me focused in the right (and positive) way. When I take my eyes (and thoughts) off of Him and put my focus on worries, circumstances, the world, etc. I'm going to be full of negative feelings and bound to sin. I've really been enjoying reading a great book called Praying the Attributes of God by Ann Spangler...and it definitely helps the focus of the day.
2. There will be karaoke at the next party you attend...are you in? Or will you be faking a sore throat?
If they have songs I know...I.am.SO.in!
3. January 29th is National Puzzle Day...what's something you've found puzzling recently?
Why is it such a struggle for schools and groups to make good decisions regarding closing for inclement weather? The weather is a no brainer...obviously not safe. How could it possibly take a moments struggle to extend a school year or risk frostbite...cancel a mtg or endanger volunteers and attendees? Really? I'm puzzled that this is found puzzling.
4. Jigsaw, crossword, acrostic, logic, sudoku, word search...what's your favorite kind of puzzle, and when did you last work one?
Crossword. Sadly, I don't often give myself the luxury. I do buy a new Dell Crossword book as a present for myself each summer for vacation.
5. Recently a writer by the name of Amy Glass ruffled feathers with a post she wrote saying she looks down on young women with husbands and kids and she's not sorry. Among other things, she says women will be equal with men when we stop saying house work and real work are equally important. You can read the whole piece by clicking here.
What say you? Do you think men and women are equal in the 21st century? Why or why not?
Poor Amy. I wonder what her mother is/was like. Was Amy not cared for, loved, nurtured that she feels this angry, bitter and nasty...not to mention intolerant...of the choice of young women to choose a life path with eternal dividends, rather than earthly ones. That being said, we Domestic Engineers, need to be validated by God...and when we truly are...posts such as these will bother us less...and we'll be more open to love the lost, hurting and confused. On a hilarious note...read I Feel Sorry for Amy Glass and I'm Not Ashamed.
6. What's a product you've noticed in the grocery store that you'd like to try, but haven't yet?
I've always wanted to try those little cheeses in the red wrapper...they have neat commercials and look yummy....but alas...I am cheap.
The Mad Hatter or the March Hare...I enjoy frustrating people...all in good fun, of course! HA!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have never spent so much time being thankful for power and a warm home. God is good and we are truly blessed. Brrr. -35 F windchill today!