Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Happy Hodgepodge!

1. Under what circumstances do you do your best thinking?
Usually while mopping or scrubbing toilets or in the shower...all places where it's hard to write down those great thoughts.  But, all good places to cry and work things out inside with no one watching.
2. Are you a risk taker? What's one big risk you've taken?
No, I'm not known for spontaneous risk taking...quite the contrary.  Getting to know new people feels pretty risky to me these days.  Call me chicken.  I'm feeling like keeping everyone at arms length..thankyouverymuch.
3. Some of the most common phobias according to the National Institute for Mental Health are-fear of spiders (arachnaphobia), snakes (ophidiophobia), heights (acrophobia), fear of spaces from which escape is difficult (agoraphobia), fear of thunder and lightening (astrophobia), fear of dogs (cynophobia), injections (trypanophobia), social situations, flying (pteromerhanophobia) and fear of germs and dirt (mysophobia). True phobias affect only about 10% of adults, but of those listed which would you rate as your greatest fear?
Of those listed...acrophobia.  Which isn't exactly correct.  I'm afraid of FALLING from heights.  I am very happy strapped into rollercoasters.  Go figure?
4. Are you settled or do you feel the need to move somewhere new?
I feel settled in this house...maybe not in life all the time.  I love this quote lately..."Jesus unsettles the comfortable and comforts the unsettled."  ~Ann VosKamp
5. What is something you find annoying when dining in a restaurant?
Light shining in my eyes, music on repeat, having to serve myself (I don't do buffets), and oh, wait you said one thing!  HA!
6. Daffodil yellow, sunset orange, spring green, or sky blue...your favorite color this time of year?
Daffodil yellow!
7. If you were going to take a holiday all by yourself, where would you go?
All by myself?!  A private beach cottage....that sounds nice.
8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I'm going to memorize Romans 12 this summer.  It's long...but good...and something I need stored inside.  I am also not allowing myself to watch any TV during the week...that should give me NO excuses for time to memorize.  Any tips ya'll'd like to share for memorization?  What I'm eagerly anticipating is the way you see the Scripture everywhere and learn it deeply when you meditate enough to memorize!
 

2 comments:

Joyce said...

One thing that helps me memorize is to insert my name into the verse. For instance, a verse I memorized this year, 'You did not choose me, but I chose you (Joyce!!) that you should go and bear fruit..." I seem to remember it better if I put myself into it : )

I get what you mean about keeping people at bay. I've been in a very difficult volunteer position this year where people have behaved so badly. Makes me want to hibernate for a while, yet I have to keep dragging myself out there and dealing with it. There have been some lessons learned. aiyiyi Dealing with people can be a messy proposition : )

bp said...

I'll read Romans 12 today in my quiet time now that you've mentioned it.

I memorized Colossians 3 throughout last year.... I wrote it on a notecard that I kept by the sink and then another piece of paper I taped to my mirror. I also read the entire chapter each day and it helped it become more familiar.