Saturday, May 31, 2014

Sew Saturday: Remove Replacers

I've had this idea going around in my head since I first made tea wallets and then heard the term "remove, replace."  You can see my tea wallet tutorial HERE...and the remove, replace part is based on 2 Corinthians 10:5..."we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

So, recently when a dear friend was diagnosed with breast cancer...I put my idea to work.  Then as my friends showed need for reminders of God's Word in tough times I again made them...prayed over them...cried over them. 

Right now I'm making the biggest batch I've made at one time...for each of the ladies in my life group because I figure if you commit to pray for someone at that level you learn their deepest struggles...and it's good to encourage each other in taking thoughts captive and being obedient to God.
I decided to share about these nifty Remove Replacers...because I want people to be inspired to make them for their own friends.  Write down verses on God's peace...power...comfort...tuck them in and give them to a friend.  Ingredients Include:  2 pieces 8" X 22", 1 piece 8"X 22" interfacing, 4 pieces 2.5" X 8", velcro, embellishments.  Perhaps I will take time to put a tute together for it at a later date...or if demand demands.

Happy Sewing!!

No comments: