Wednesday, May 28, 2014
1. What news story are you following right now?
I keep following the Malaysia flight story. It sort of intrigues me. I think about what is Loverbrains disappeared on a flight like this... I think about all sorts of gov't conspiracy theories...
2. What's the last thing you wanted but didn't get?
I looked at cloth woven hammocks at the store...actually put it in my cart...then decided I didn't need it and took it out. I have a rope one...I just like the woven ones cuz they remind me of the Brazilian ones my Grandma has hanging in her A-frame.
3. May 28th is National Hamburger Day...when did you last have a hamburger? Other than your own kitchen or BBQ grill, where is your favorite place to go for a hamburger?And for all you non-meat eaters out there...when you're invited to a cookout what is the one side dish you hope is on the menu?
I last had a hamburger last night...courtesy of our home grill. The only place I order hamburgers is when we go out with the kids to Steak 'n Shake. I usually order the guacamole burger with jalepenos and chipolte sauce. Yum.
4. How have your priorities changed over time?
Family comes first...over housecleaning and organized cabinets and closets. God comes very first...even if it means giving up sleep. Loverbrains comes first...money spent on date nights is well-budgeted.
5. What's a favorite memory with your grandparents?
I spent every summer with my paternal grandparents. I swam, hiked and read...a lot! I also visited my maternal grandparents...and have great memories of playing in a huge tent my grandpa would set up for the cousins to romp in.
6. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being fantastic!), how good are you at multitasking? Share an example.
I think I'm about an 8-9...right now I'm doing laundry, blogging, cooking, and drying my toenails all at the same time. Hehehe!! Seriously though, I think that this question fits with number four about priorities. When I have my priorities right than my multitasking flows smoothly and I'm not all frazzled and crrrrazee!
7. How would you summarize your highs and lows for the month of May?
Lows--There were a few busy weeks of routine things ending...and a lot of hard health diagnosis for a few friends of mine. Highs--Spring finally arrived...the world turned green...the flowers bloomed...and vacation like activities began. Smores!!!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
More thoughts on the priorites thang...I think I'm a lot better at being Holy Spirit led than I used to be. For example, I hadn't planned on it...but while out doing errands today...I decided to call a dear friend and have an impromtu lunch date with her. I guess I've learned to "never be to busy" for some things. And that's a big lesson for me! She's one of those friends who builds me up...and encourages me in every way. So glad I put friends into the top priorities for today.