Wednesday, April 3, 2019

C- Caffeinated Randomness


I do love the caffeinated delight of living in a college town and being a college mentor.  I get to go to all sorts of fabulous coffee shops...and sip coffee and chat!  The above is a picture of my coffee from last week.  Dr. Strangelove...orange, cinnamon and clove infused syrup...subtly sweet with a savory, spiced taste.  It was goooood!  

I've also wandered into the wonderful world of bubble tea.  Also caffeinated!  So.much.fun!  I think you either love or hate it.  Tapioca pearls have a texture that is not appreciated by some Americans!  Squishy, bouncy, cartilaginist...not for everyone but this chica loves it!  I even have a special friend that meets me for bubble tea dates about once a month.  Reminds me...I need to set up another time soon.

Random Admission: I have noted that my age has finally caught up with me in the caffeine department...This is sad.  I always thought it was funny when ladies at church would say "What time is it?  Nope, too late...better drink decaf."  In fact, I used to scoff at the existence of decaf.  But, alas, I have learned...the hard way...that drinking coffee past 2PM is a no no.  I wake up about 2AM...WIDE AWAKE.  It's a bummer.  

I do think the art in most coffee shops is odd.  The one I frequent most often has the insides of old pianos hung on the walls.  Random musing: It's like the skeletons of song makers.  Occasionally, a student will swipe one with a backpack and it will buzz the silent strings to life...and all the students sitting on the bench opposite will jump as the vibration buzzes their buns and shakes them outta their screen comas!  

I wish that coffee cleared my head the way it used to.  I have a lot of reading to do for some of the groups that I lead...and I find myself reading and re reading a lot lately.  Partially, it is distraction of having many things to do...so I keep post its close by to write down things for later and move on.  But, I also wonder if it's plaque on the brain...

Whoa, now that's some random unexpectedness for ya...Yeah, I read a medical journal blurb the other day on how processed foods/sugars, poor diet actually create plaque on the brain and that certain studies are showing that cutting those things out in dementia patient diets is showing positive changes in memory after 6-12 months of clean eating.  There seems to be a correlation between the elderly poor care/diet and memory loss.  I have a friend who's been caring for her mother who has dementia and she decided to change her own diet.  She tells me that she's started to notice clarity during what used to be the hardest parts of her day.  She said she remembers better overall...and even her dreams...at least for a tiny bit...not just a black hole but better rest.  

Which leads me to my last random subject switch of the morning...mattresses.  How often are you really supposed to switch them?  I am not resting well lately...and I wake stiff and sore.  I don't want to blame my new exercise class or my age so I'm thinking it's the mattress.  We have a queen...but I'm really liking the idea of a King.  But, then again maybe not...I don't want to give up having the quilt my mother made me on the bed.    

Time to go make my second cup of coffee. 
May many happy random thoughts be yours in the day ahead.

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

No comments: