Wednesday, April 10, 2019

I- In consideration of Inconsideration


Spring has finally come to Indiana...at least for this week.  The running joke around here is that if you don't like the weather just wait a day...it'll change.  So, it was beautiful when I got out of the gym yesterday...so I rolled my windows down and was enjoying the breeze, when suddenly, I almost choked to death as I came to a stoplight parallel to a driver adding their own smoky fog to the beautiful day.  Just like the joke above I was indignant at their inconsideration.  

And then, I began to ponder...in consideration of inconsideration.  My response when I am treated poorly...or even thoughtlessly...reveals my heart.  It shows that I think the other person is not considering or thinking about me...and exactly how much I matter to myself.

Do I glare at the person...or see them as an image bearer of my Jesus?
Gen. 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Am I selfish about my time...or do I stop to consider them and their unknown struggles?
Phil. 2:3-4 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or empty pride, but in humility consider others more important than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others."


Do I care more about my comfort and ease...or do I care about the opportunity to demonstrate the fruit of the spirit?
Please don't read that I am never annoyed or irritated with the people around me...Boy, is that not true.  But, I do recognize that I am called to love like Jesus.  I hope will consider these things too.  So often, I think the roots of bitterness are fertilized in the soil of thoughtless comments, offended feelings and inconsideration of our rights.
#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

No comments: