Friday, April 5, 2019

E- Eyes that shine in the darkest storm...


People are like stained-glass windows. 
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, 
but when the darkness sets in, 
their true beauty is revealed 
only if there is a light from within. 
~Elizabeth Kübler-Ross


I really love the quote above. I found this picture of St. Mary's Cathedral...and the boat seemed appropriate with the glowing glass. I've been organizing paper and computer files...and came across a bunch of quotes I'd collected under "inspirational and comforting" and remembered different trials we were dealing with at the time. I'm generally hesitant to agree with things that aren't straight scripture (not necessarily a bad habit)...it's burned me before...but this I like. 

It makes me think of Matthew 6:22,23 where it says "The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is simple, your whole body will be bright; but if your eye is wicked, your whole body will be dark. If in reality the light that is in you is darkness, how great that darkness is!"

OR

Deuteronomy 4:9 "Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them."

OR

"Don't tell God how Big your storm is, tell the Storm how Big your God is." ~Author Unknown


I've been reading in Isaiah lately...and this also comes to mind...

Isaiah 25:4 "For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm..."

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

1 comment:

Clipping Path said...


Great blog! Thanks for the post.