Saturday, April 13, 2019

L- Low Carb Llamas

I have recently begun collecting (and by this I mostly mean pins on Pinterest) ideas and pictures about Low Carb recipes and Llamas.

The low carb recipes search stems from a desire to be healthier and knowing that is one way that my body loses weight well.  It is also hard to think of new ideas so new recipes are welcome.  I struggle most with substituting what I call "vehicles" for the food.  For example, what will you use in place of bread you are subtracting?

And before anyone says anything, gluten free bread is awful.  It taste like sand was added.  If I want a sandy sandwich I'll take a picnic to the beach.  

So, I've found romaine lettuce leaves to be the easiest vehicle so far.  There are other recipes where I've substituted for noodles or rice.  I like spaghetti squash spaghetti and ground cauliflower "rice" Spanish rice.  I like to use the word Faux...makes it sounds fancier.

Faux Spanish Rice.  Faux Spaghetti.

The llamas search stems from having some stressful situations in my life and a friend who told me, and rightly so, to save my drama for my llama.  I've come across a myriad of other sayings that equally crack me up.  So, now when I'm tempted to give into the drama of life...I look at some llama pins and try to breathe deeply.
#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge
 

1 comment:

Random Musings said...

When I was eating Keto I generally didn't bother replacing the carbs, I just ate whatever I would have had with the pasta or bread without it. It sounds boring I know and it was, but it's quick and easy lol
Debbie