Monday, January 31, 2011

WIW: Charts Overflowing...

Photo Source

“If a sudden jar can cause me to speak an impatient, unloving word, then I know nothing of Calvary love.
For a cup brimful of sweet water cannot spill even one drop of bitter water, however suddenly jolted.”
~ Amy Carmichael

Next to my love of lists comes my love for a good star chart.  It goes right along with all my other quirky organizational tendencies.  I was inspired by some fellow blogger charts...so, WE decided to use fun star charts to train our behavior for the month of February.  All of us...Loverbrains, Emmer-bean, Ca-Lubby and ME!
This Amy Carmichael quote really hit me in my core as I was determining what to focus on changing first.  We decided to focus/meditate on Proverbs 15:1, "A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."  I figure if you're going to change, it should be focused specifically on God's Word, right?  

Determining the kid's goal wasn't really all that hard...OBEY RIGHT AWAY!  Ephesians 6:1, "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right."  Because...if it's delayed it's not truly obedience.  This is hard work on our part too...how do you spell C.O.N.S.I.S.T.E.N.C.Y!? 

I so want to be the cup of sweet water that spills over God's love...His ultimate, CALVARY love...

To see our star charts head over to where I'm determining to be MomE & Loving It!
 

6 comments:

Barbara H. said...

That is definitely a convicting quote. In fact, the whole book from which it comes is convicting.

Susannah said...

Love those lists and star charts too. I have a hunch you're gifted as an Administrator. A born leader m'dear!

Neat quote too.

((Hugs))

Lisa notes... said...

I have “quirky organizational tendencies” too. ha. They help me keep on track though, so I go with it.

Prov 15 always hits me square on. My resolution for the week is “quit nagging” – of course I don’t THINK I nag at all. But sometimes I've heard rumors to the contrary...

Great verse for your children's goal.

bekahcubed said...

Whew-what a quote! It reminds me of the verse in James, when he asks the believers whether good water can come from a salty spring. My heart needs to be made good if my words and actions are to become good.

Shannon said...

I LOVE This idea!!!! Oh how I love this idea, and we NEED it!!! Do you have a template for your star chart? I'd love to hear the "rules". I am so glad you commented on my blog today and that I could find you!!! Wow!!! I feel inspired!!!

ozjane said...

trust you will all be drinking from your saucers 'cause your cup of joy has overflowed.