Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Camping Hodgepodge

Photo Source
1. Do you and your family enjoy camping? What do you enjoy most/like the least when it comes to family camping? When was the last time you camped?
I enjoy pictures from my childhood of camping trips.  In my mind I see it as a way to travel on the cheap...BUT...I'm not sure I can be a camping kind of gal.  I don't know...we'll see...as the kids get older and the price of gas and hotels goes higher and higher...and higher.
2. Did you attend a summer camp when you were a kid? Is that a happy or not so happy memory?
I attended a GREAT christian camp when I was growing up.  I made a lot of important spiritual decisions and had SO much fun.  I even worked there for one year after I was too old to be a camper. Working there was NOT fun...it about killed me. 
3. Over the course of your life, what have you probably spent more time pondering than anything else?
The future.  Sad but true.  I need to work on enjoying the present.
4. Which of the seven natural wonders of the world would you most like to see? There are many lists of 'wonders' but this is the standard natural wonder list-Mount Everest, The Great Barrier Reef, The Grand Canyon, Victoria Falls, The Harbor of Rio de Janerio, Paricutan Volcano and The Northern Lights.
I'd really like to see The Northern Lights...on an Alaskan cruise.  Yeah...that sounds nice.
5. What was your first real job?
Probably that exhausting camp job I mentioned earlier.  Interestingly, I didn't get another one for several years.  Then,  I worked in food service for a few summers...and did data entry at the college during the school year.  Yup...I'm a worker. 
6. Lemonade or Sweet tea...which do you prefer on a hot summer day?
Lemonade...but we usually have both in the fridge...cuz Loverbrains prefers the other.  Although...I've cut back his sweetness to 1/4 c. per 2 qts...and switched from sugar to Splenda. 
7. What is something that always brings a smile to your face?
Kisses and hugs from my Sweet Boobahs! 
8. Insert your own random thought here. 
We've been spending lots of time at the pool...and I got some cute pictures of my Sweet Boobahs...
The pool is right by a train track...and the train always goes by about 12...My boy loves trains, planes and automobiles!!

This pool has a fountain area...and my girl loved sitting on the fountains and then jumping up suddenly to get sprayed!  Cute!

3 comments:

Joyce said...

I miss those summer days spent at the pool.
Summer camp had a huge impact on my spiritual life too...I'm going to a reunion this summer with other former staff and I can't wait!

Barbara H. said...

I have fond memories of camping both as a child and when my kids were small, but it is not my favorite thing to do.

Anonymous said...

Awww...what cute pictures! It's so hard to believe that my own children don't need me at the pool any more! In fact, they work as lifeguards...watching over children like your own.