Friday, June 3, 2011

Little Neurotic Me

My Dad called me this morning and inquired as to why I hadn't been blogging.  Grandparents need pictures apparently...even when they've just seen the little buggers.  He was teasing (sort of)...but I was a bit crabby so I told him I was dealing with that sad truth that cleaning begets cleaning.  I then told him that I'd cleaned my windows inside and out...and all of my blue glass...and the curtains.  He laughed and said he couldn't help my neurotic tendencies.  Of course, being me...I decided to look the word up to see if it really applied.  Humph...

Neurotic- Someone who tends to be emotionally unstable or unusually anxious.  Well...I'm not normally...but when I feel introverted and anxious I do clean...so, there ya have it.  And no, I'm not going to share the details or causes of this said neurotic behavior.  It happens to everyone...surely.  You might not clean but hey...eating ice cream by the gallon would probably be a lot more fun! 


I do clean my blue glass collection about twice a year.  But...as I was taking them down I noticed the cobwebs extended into the curtains....
....and being in an emotionally agitated mood...I hauled down the curtains and slapped them into the washer quicker than I could think.  Which was dumb...cuz I had to iron them later...as I ironed I muttered to myself..."Why do I do these things...argh!"
Oh, and then the windows looked icky...so I filled a bucket and grabbed my squeegee and washed the inside...AND then, since the kids wanted to go outside anyway...I enlisted their assistance (such as it is) and went outside with my trustee step ladder and washed the outside too....(I might have also transplanted some houseplants too)....
When I was outside I decided to go ahead and clean all the other outside first floor windows...SO THEN, I had to come in and wash those curtains too....
And...the kitchen window too.   SO...who wants me to come over to their house the next time I'm in a thoughtful (neurotic) mood?  Check your windows and let me know.

And before anyone says anything...yes, yes...I know that I haven't posted grandchildren pictures to MomE & Loving It yet...I forgot to take the camera to the pool this morning...then it's batteries were dead...just hunted down batteries and will shoot the little buggers (with the camera) as soon as they awake from naps and do something cute...shouldn't take long.  I promise.

2 comments:

Pastor D said...

Actually, I said YOU couldn't help your neurotic tendencies. You come by them naturally, kiddo. Genetics is a wonderful thing!

Love,
Dad

bekahcubed said...

I hear you! I'm always beginning a tiny task only to have it turn into a ginormous project. In my family, we call them "stove-jobs"--jobs (like trying to clean the stove) that you can't really stop once you've started without making all your work worthless.

Ain't nothin' wrong with a little neuroticism!