The sight of the lush GREEN everywhere....so nice!! The sound of children scooping sand and splashing water...nicely, of course. The smell of sunscreen and happy, sweaty babes during storytime.
2. Fireflies or lightning bugs...what are they called in your neck of the woods?
Fireflies...but I think I called them lightning bugs when I was little and caught them in a jar.
3. What is something from the past week that reminded you of your childhood?
I got out an "old" Bible that I hadn't used in a while...and found feathers and four leaf clovers inside. My grandma started me collected those things...and putting my treasures in my Bible...which is full of info. on eternal treasures. It was fun to reminisce.
4. Define 'the good life'.
When this term is used I think it's usually a slam on the person. They are either living outside of their means or irresponsible or insensitive to the feelings of those around him. I know it's not always that way...but that's what I thought of first.
5. Tell us what we'd see if you took a snapshot of your desk/work space?
My desk is non-existant...I generally write on the screen porch table or my lap...which is usually nestled among a current book I'm reading, a can of coke/ice coffee and my cell phone.
6. Peaches or watermelon...yes, you have to choose.
Peaches...hands down. The more I try it the more I think I just don't like watermelon. It's a texture thang. Peaches...oooo...yummm...drip off your chin goodness.
7. Ever been skinny dippin'? Is that too much for the Wednesday Hodgepodge? Rest assured we won't need details...unless of course you feel you must but remember, this is a family friendly blog so keep it G rated.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My baby boy smashed his finger in the church doors yesterday when I was there preparing for VBS. I usually handle crisis pretty well...but will admit when I saw it's smashed mess I went white and scared. I was grateful that our Pastor was there and took over until I got a grip. It's broken and taped to it's neighbor until tomorrow when we see the orthopedic doctor. Poor baby! Poor MomE...I was keyed up all night...couldn't get to sleep and when I finally did drift off he rolled onto his hand and cried out. He was hurting and confused, "Mom...something is WRONG with my hand!" Poor kid!!