Friday, August 5, 2011

Five Minute Friday: STILL??

After typing this post on the STILL prompt, I realized that I had the wrong week.  Oops...and my 5 minutes are up!  I'm linking it anyway...thought it might give some other poor flustered soul out there a chuckle too! 
 For directions on Five Minute Friday go HERE today!
Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word on the prompt, “Still.”

READY, SET, GO!

This picture is from a STILL moment during vacation.  A moment where I was taking pictures of everyone's cuteness and looked down at my vacationing feet and snapped a memory.

It's a good thing to have these memories to look back on...because those first few weeks back can be a doozy!  Today, I feel anything but STILL.  In fact, the whole reason I chose 5 Minute Friday was because that's all the time I had to spare to blog today.

Yes, I'm not STILL today...Just a living BLUR!  I've been running about doing errands, cleaning house for company, making birthday cake, quilting baby quilts and planning baby showers.  I'm caring for a very allergic Loverbrains too.  Does that count?  Personally, I find him harder to care for than my children.  I struggle for full sympathy and love...imagine that!  *sigh*

God knew about today though.  He knew that I needed to take 5 minutes to focus on STILL.  To remember that if I am STILL and remember HE is God...I will have the peace and grace I need to finish this day well.  Just like looking down at my happy feet during vacation...I need to look into my heart for the WORD that sustains me!

“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”  Ps. 46:10



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh stillness…so illusive. I love feet pictures! I'm glad you were able to find a few minutes to be still! It does seem as if life is a blur most days. I for one needed another reminder of last weeks still prompt. I didn't listen the first time. :)

Sarah Luckadoo said...

I love this! Such a wonderful reminder that I definitely needed today! Thank you for that! Photos are such a great way to capture memories, they definitely make me smile! Thank you for your willingness to share your heart, I truly appreciate it!

Barbara H. said...

I enjoyed this, thanks!