Wednesday, August 31, 2011

WORD Filled Wednesday: No yo-yo Ma!

I find it interesting how God works all things together...for the good of those who love Him.  It can be downright funny at times.  At quilt camp I decided I needed a "hand work" project...and I found a quilt pattern that required that I make 500 plus fabric yo-yos.  Even with a nifty tool a loving friend gifted me...it's slow going. 

Yo-yos make me think of that old fashioned toy...that goes up and down...up and down.  AND...so have my emotions lately. 

Happy, sad...Loving, angry...Kind, nasty!  It hasn't been pretty.  Sure, there are reasons.  Loverbrains erratic travel schedule...allergy season...hormones...new school schedules...etc. etc. etc.  BUT...the more I consider it...the more I think God is displeased with this little yo-yo Ma!  (That's a little joke for all you cello lover's out there.) 

If I'm truly walking in the Spirit...I should be steadfast...steady...So, I did a quick study of the word steadfast...and found the verse I shared in the graphic above.  Here are some other goodies too...

Psalm 112:7, "He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD."

1 Cor. 15:58, "Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

Isaiah 26:3, "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you."

So, here's hoping the only yo-yos in my house are the fabric kind...NO YO-YO MA!

1 comment:

Barbara H. said...

Got the Yo-Yo Ma reference -- I wonder if he has Google alert? LOL! But I don't think he'd mind this application at all.

I never thought of studying "steadfast" for this issue, but it's a good study.