Monday, August 22, 2011

God cares...

 
 With complete childish innocence she asks..."Does God really care about Spelling tests and his bruised knee...and other little things like that?"  "Aren't there bigger problems for Him to take care of than these?"  

"Well, I believe that God is BIG and powerful...so big...that He takes care of the bigger problems and my little ones too.  The Bible tells me that He is all-powerful and all-knowing...He cares about little birds...and numbers all the hairs on our heads.  He loves us so much He sent His Son to die for our sins...so whoever believes in Him can go to heaven..."

"So, my short answer...Yes, He does care about your Spelling tests too!  Let's hurry up and pray before the bus comes!"


You never know what God's gonna use from Sunday...to prepare you for Monday.  Another name of the God...JEHOVAH SABAOTH...Lord of hosts.


Not only does this name show His military might and super-power strength...It shows that He is a God of power in my personal battles.


So, here's to another day of planting seeds and praying at the bus stop.  Cuz, as I say after we've prayed..."It's always good to remember WHO'S in charge of the day!"


"Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, at your altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God."  Psalm 84:3

God is bigger than my trials...He is in full power and control!!


My brother or sister, there is something about our God that is different, that is beyond us, that is above us—transcendent. We must be humbly willing to throw our hearts open and to plead, "God, shine Thyself into my understanding for I will never find Thee otherwise."

~A.W. Tozer













7 comments:

Janet said...

I enjoyed reading these thoughts and quotes. A.W. Tozer is such a challenging, meaty writer; it's always a treat to come across some of his words.

Lisa notes... said...

I’m banking today on God caring about renting college textbooks and getting phone calls returned about ACT testing and making decisions about scheduling. Otherwise, I’m done for. ;-)

Thanks for the encouragement and reminder that God does care about our little things as much as big things.

seashore said...

God is so big that he does care about even the smallest problems of ours.

Barbara H. said...

That was a great answer to your little one. I'm so glad God cares about the really big things I don't even understand as well as the little everyday cares.

Connie said...

Love Tozer...I'm reading The Knowledge of The Holy. You and Jen are His messengers today, reminding us that GOD is All in all.

Unknown said...

So, so sweet. God keeps showing me that there is never time not to pray and nothing too small that can't be covered in prayer.

Rebecca said...

I'm so thankful that He cares about every detail of our lives.