Friday, January 12, 2018

Five Minute Friday: Simplify

Ready. Set. Go.

As this new year begins I am emplimenting some of my new goals and resolutions.  The quote "The surest way of spoiling a pleasure is to start examining your satisfaction."  CS Lewis comes to mind...often.  I ask myself, "why do I miss doing X"?  "Hmmm...maybe that was wasting more time than I thought."

There is freedom in simplifying...so much redeemed time.  There is contentment, too....in recognizing that I'm doing more by doing less.  More time with my family and for my family is not less...no matter who may choose to judge me from the outside...God sets my standard for living.  

Because I am simplifying in many areas...when I do find myself in an area that is busy, and not simple...I ask better questions.  Is this requiring the best of me so that my family gets the rest of me?  What does it look like to be faithful right now?  Not perfect and amazing...just faithful.  What God has called me to is simple...

Godliness with contentment is great gain.  1 Tim. 6:6

1 comment:

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

What does it look like to be faithful right now? ... The only question we need to ask. Onlookers don’t see our hearts, do they? Great thoughts. I love your priority of family. You will never regret that.