Saturday, January 6, 2018

Sew Saturday...Knitting...


I'm not sure if this truly counts under Sew Saturday...but otherwise there's only the process of assembly of the deer baby quilt and my Christmas quilt going on...spelled B O R I N G!  

I'm a self taught and VERY slow knitter...but I enjoy the rhythm of it.  I also love using and gifting knit washcloths and until very recently that's all I've ever produced.  I've been seeing these lovely prayer shawls on Pinterest and Ravelry but can't seem to decipher the instructions...(seriously, there should be a key for the acronyms letters, people!)...but then it occurred to me that I could use the washcloth pattern and make only half (it adds on from the corner, then decreases out) ...plus some variations I made up along the way.  I bought four skeins of this lovely Jean Stovepipe Yarn....and I'll be feeling stinkin' proud of myself if I stick to it through two skeins...ugh.  I've made a deal with myself to do four rows a day...and the longer the rows get the harder this is getting.  My snuggly Scruffy dog and cooking shows on Netflix help immensely!

No comments: