Wednesday, January 31, 2018

January Sunshine Hodgepodge!

1. Speaking of endings....at your wit's end, at loose ends, a dead end, burn the candle at both ends, all's well that end's well, or no end in sight...which 'end' phrase might best be applied to your life lately? Explain.  
I realized last week that I was beginning to feel the effects of my own poor choices and was "burning the candle at both ends"...so, I pulled way back, cancelled things and adjusted my schedule to get some rest...because I didn't want to get sick...which would have been a "dead end."  And now, even though I continue to be busy and there seems to be "no end in sight" of things to do, I am not at my "wit's end" about it.  Phew...that was fun...don't think I left any "loose ends"..."all's well that end's well" after all.
2. What was a must have accessory when you were growing up? Did you own one? If so tell us what you remember about it.
I remember slap bracelets and hair scrunchies being big in my little life.  I remember that for a while I did not have a slap bracelet...and when I got one I decided it kinda hurt and didn't like it.  That was a bummer...to anticipate something and then not actually like it.  My Mom could make hair scrunchies...and then taught me how and I had bunches...to go with almost any outfit.  Still a happy memory.
3. Something that made you smile yesterday?
After a weekend of Spring-like temperatures it was a bit of a bummer yesterday to have a cold, grey January day in which to get errands completed.  As I was driving to an appointment...the sun broke from the clouds and it was just...beautiful...and I smiled!  God is good.
4. January 30th is National Croissant Day. Do you like croissants? Sweet or savory? We're having chicken salad for lunch...would you rather have yours served on a croissant, a wrap, a bagel, bread, or a roll of some sort?
I love croissants...ooooo the crackle.  I also had chicken salad for lunch...on nothing...cuz I'm cutting carbs...*sigh*.
5. Sum up your January in fifteen words or less.
In January, Indiana was blessed with every season...in one week.  
6.  Insert your own random thought here.
I'm busily preparing for a house full of company during a conference our church hosts the middle of this month...and it was supposed to coincide with my husband being out of country on business.  It is not uncommon for him to be away, and I was by no means panicked but I was feeling distinctly tired going into a huge to-do list without him home.  So, when his trip was cancelled last minute...huge waves of relief washed over me.  I know that God would have helped me but it was so nice to be blessed with him home the weeks before our company.  *Phew*

4 comments:

Preppy Empty Nester said...

YAY! Glad your hubby will be home to help you out. Enjoy your company this weekend.

Nicole Pyles said...

I loved scrunchies! Especially the side pony. Hehe.

Barbara H. said...

I love when the sunshine peeks out between clouds. I know by faith and past experience that it's back there, but it's so heartening to see it!

Smiling at your #5.

I'm so glad your husband will be home to help prepare for company.

When I was in jr. high the big thing was rings made of a coated wire - they looked kind of like Dr. Seuss creations.

Loris Glassworks said...

I laughed out loud at #5, Indiana is where I grew-up (Merrillville and then Greencastle for College). I'm now in the deep south, we've had every season the month too. We even had 10" of snow which is unheard of for this region. I hope we both have a mild February.
Cheers,
Lori in Blue Ridge, GA