Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Hodgepodge Trends & Twenty

1. January is National Mentoring Month. Have you ever had a mentor? Been a mentor? How would you rate the experience?
I have done both.  I think that accountability relationships work best when both people are ready to be involved.  No one wants to be a private detective or waste their time...but if both are ready to be honest and open than great growth can occur.
2. What current trend makes no sense to you?
The amount of videos on Facebook...30 second recipe videos, well, I can see the allure and enjoyment...but these people who get in their cars and shout out rants from their phone cameras perched atop their dashboards.  Really?  Um.....?
3. I saw a cartoon on facebook highlighting a few 'weird' things that make you happy as an adult. The list included-writing with a nice pen, having plans cancelled, freshly cleaned sheets, eating the corner brownie, cleaning the dryer lint screen, and sipping coffee in that brief time before anyone else wakes up. (Credit for the cartoon goes here) Of the 'weird' things listed which one makes you happiest? What is one more 'weird' thing you'd add to the list?
Sipping coffee in the brief time before anyone else wakes up...YES!  I'm not so sure I'm with them on the whole dryer lint thang though.  A weird thing I'd add to the list...preparing for company.  I love the anticipation and preparation.
4. What's the last good thing you ate?
Good as in taste or as in healthy??  I had a Tazo Chai Tea Latte from Starbucks...that tasted good.  I had a baby-bel cheese pod when I got home...that tasted good and was healthy.
5. Describe life in your 20's in one sentence.
I spent so much time focusing on the future that I didn't enjoy the moment.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
The kids are back in school...and so the day they started back I decided I was going to hit the errands hard...and I was making amazing time getting them checked off the list, sans my entourage.  I was on the last errand of the morning and found out that the weatherman was right about the fog after all.  It was freezing to the pavement.  I hit the pavement hard!  I fell down and kinda slid partially under my car.  OW...cold and hard.  Thankfully, my hip and elbow seem to just be bruised.  Call me Grace-ful!  

3 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Ouch! Scary! Glad the fall didn't do worse. I like all the things listed that make adults happy except the corner brownie. I like mine right from the middle where they're softest. :-) And the dryer lint - kind of ambivalent about that. One I'd add: being the first to open the tub of margarine or peanut butter. I don't know why, but I love seeing that little curlicue.

Joyce said...

I'm glad you didn't break anything. I so agree about the mentoring relationship. My hubs volunteered to mentor a college student (he was actually recruited for it, but he was happy to do it) and the student just didn't 'pull his weight' in the relationship. A person has to recognize the value in a mentor in order for it to work. It can't be one-sided.

Carrie B said...

Ooooh ouch! You're lucky you didn't break anything! I fell this past summer and broke my wrist. It was the worst inconvenience of all time! I like the prep for company too. Sometimes it's the best part! LOL