Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hodgepodge on the Go....

 We are traveling with Loverbrains...but I didn't want to miss my Hodgepodge week.  I've been alternating between WFW and Hodgepodge each week.  It's a guilt thing...don't ask.  Anyhew...here is a cute picture of our Sweet Boobahs from days gone by...*sigh*....it really does go by so fast!

1. Would you rather talk to everyone at a crowded party for a short time or have a significant conversation with two people?
I would rather have a significant conversation with two people but in reality I float about the room and chat a little bit with everyone.  Why?  Sometimes I'm the hostess and want to make sure everyone is enjoying themselves...Sometimes I have this sense of fairness/prideful vanity...like I need share my fabulous attention with everyone and not just let one person hog me to them self...Sometimes I'm just nosey and can't settle down and focus on two people alone.  I'd rather set up a specific date for just those two people, I guess.  Cuz, I do care....and want more significant conversations.  I think I'm over thinking this one.

2. What objects do you remember from your parent's living room?
I remember cleaning the oval, glass coffee table that is now in my home.  I remember going through the records and being "mature enough" to listen to them alone...especially the Carpenters.  I remember where everything was on the bookshelves.  Interesting, they don't have bookshelves in their current living room.

3. Do you hog the bed? Steal the covers? Snore?
I must tend toward bed hog...I say that because when my Loverbrains is traveling,  I wake to find myself in the middle of the bed...He's not there to shove me back, I guess.  HE is a cover stealer...When I get up in the night I come back to find a little Loverbrains Burrito...argh!

4. Speaking of Easter dinner....what is your favorite way to cook/eat lamb? Or does just the thought of that make you squeamish? If you're not cooking lamb what will be your entree du jour on Easter Sunday?  
I like Lamb...but I've never tried to cook it before.  I know when my Grandma made it we always had mint jelly with it, as a side.  Is that weird or normal?  Seems...ew...but I'd try it again just to see if I like it.  I really like this idea...the symbolism of the Lamb of God.  I might make it this year.

5. Let's throw some politics into this week's mix-oooohhh...Do you know the whereabouts of your birth certificate and when was the last time you had to produce it to prove you're you?
To be all political...I don't think the current issue is really proving that you're you...it's proving nationality and immigration status.  But...anyhew....Mine is in our fireproof lock box and I had to show it to get my Passport many years ago.  I guess that counts as showing it to prove I'm me, right?

6. As a child, how did people describe you?
Petite, very blond, talks A LOT.  Gee, nothing's changed.  Har, har!  Well, not quite as petite, the blond gets doctored up (shhhh), and I'm working on the talking.  Really, I am...stop laughing!

7. What do you complain about the most?
I've been trying to not complain so much...been keeping that gratitude journal...but I think if I had to narrow it down...I probably complain about my kids the most.  I'll admit it...*sigh* I'm human.  I get worn down and tired... and to feeling a little (a lot) hen-pecked...and I complain.  This MomE thing is NOT easy ya'll...and greatly under appreciated...*ahem.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I love languages.  Someday I'm going to be fluent in another language...not sure which one...but someday.  That's one of the things I like about traveling with Loverbrains.  At breakfast you can listen to so many languages.  This morning...Hindi, Swedish, Japanese, and French...oh, and a very nice British gentleman told us our daughter was beautiful.  Which she is...of course!

JOIN THE HODGEPODGE
with Joyce

13 comments:

Joyce said...

I muddle thru with my French. I told hubs I need to live there for just a few months and I'd be golden : )

I'm not big on the mint jelly route but roast lamb is delicious.

Thena said...

I think we all get tired and complain at one point or another. Some just don't admit it. Love your random answer, that would definetly be intriguing hearing the different languages.

Anonymous said...

You made me chuckle with "loverbrains burrito"!!

We have lamb a lot here (I'm English) and I love it with mint sauce - chopped mint leaves in vinegar. I guess it should be called pickled mint but you know us English...why be straightforward when you can make things obscure and complicated lol!

Anonymous said...

I think that complaining about our children is very common and okay. We need to vent. Parenting is the toughest job there is!

BTW, thanks for your little ditty on my blog. I had a good chuckle. :)

Tammy Enjoy Life said...

I think at some point, we all get tired and complain.

Barbara H. said...

The hubby burrito was such an apt picture. My husband does that, too -- one night I just got another bedspread from the closet instead of trying to get any covers for myself -- there was no way I could without waking him.

Smiling at your answer to #6 as well.

Expats Again said...

Enjoyed reading your answers today. Funny how people would describe us as children is pretty much the same for us as adults.

Sheena said...

Someone else said something about mint jelly with lamb in their post. Guess I'm gonna have to try lamb and it sounds like mint jell is a must.

Susan said...

My dad always wanted mint jelly with his lamb. He's originally from Connecticut, so maybe it's an east coast thing... not so much here in the midwest. Enjoyed stopping by!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

These are great fun questions.

Thanks for your comment on my blog today about Laura Bush's book. I was also surprised by those same things.

What are you reading right now?

Fondly,
Glenda

Anonymous said...

Bills a blanket hog too, we learned very early in our marriage that we are both a lot happier if we each have our own blanket. We can still snuggle and what not but I don't wake up freezing! -g

Judy said...

Oh the Carpenters! I was a fan back in the day!
I've had lamb in New Zealand and tried it with mint jelly, but to me it tasted like a piece of chewing gum with my meat. Yuck.
Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Sweet little children! Time really does go by too fast!
Gratitude journal, that's a good idea!