Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Baby Love & Happy Hodgepodge...

Hodgepodge is coming up....but first....

Remember when I asked your binding opinion on my first baby quilt project?  It was for my dear friend, Hannah.
She tried it on last week...and we wondered if I should have made a bigger quilt...hehehe....
Judah arrived safely on Monday...10lbs and 13oz....and absolutely succulent...as I like to say about truly kissable babies!
I love those grunty noises new babies make.  Awww....The quilt fit just fine!!  Thanks to my Mom for helping me bind it.  If it wasn't for her I might still be stitchin'...I'm slow.
Now, on to the Happy Easter Hodgepodge...


1. What are your plans for Easter Day/weekend?
I was inspired by Joyce to make an Easter Lamb...so, I'm setting it up the night before.  I'm making a blueberry bread pudding for our Easter Breakfast at church...it's right after the Sunrise Service.  Our Easter Cantata is after the Breakfast.  I will be setting up the meal, clothes, etc. the night before to prevent morning insanity.  Well...as much as possible.

2. Besides Jesus, what one person from The Bible would you most like to meet and why?
I think I'd like to meet Peter.  I feel like I'm a lot like him...I have a real heart for Jesus but my big mouth gets in the way and I'm rather impulsive.  I end up looking like a dope a lot and needing God's reproof.  I think that meeting Peter would be helpful...he could give me good advice and encouragement to be a better follower of Christ.

3. What is one modern day convenience you didn't have as a child that was easy to live without?
A cell phone.  I'm thinking a lot of people were happier without them.  They are nice for safety and all.  People can get a hold of you easily...but well...people can get a hold of you easily.  Ya follow me?

4. Are you more right brained or left brained? If you don't know what that means there is an interesting little quiz here.
I was going to say that I'm really left brained but I took the test and I'm a lot more balanced then I thought...60-40.  My intuitive abilities are high for my right brain.  Who knew?  My verbal skills are my most dominant.  Big surprise...har har!

5. What is something you intended to do today but didn't? Why?
I intended to organize Emmer's room and finish the toy rehaul/downsize I started last week.  Between morning Bible Study, a very rainy day (makes me snuggly), and going to see new lovie baby...I ran out of oom-papa.  Tomorrow, it will get done.

6. Cadbury Creme Eggs or Reeses peanut butter?
I like Reeses but don't bring them into the house because of my peanut allergic baby boy.  I only eat one Cadbury a year...but I sure enjoy it!

7. Who was your favorite cartoon character when you were a child?
I had a Smurf lunchbox when I started school.  Who knew it was foreshadowing for my future stature?

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Why is it when you hold a scrumptious baby and obviously enjoy yourself...people always say..."Oooo, does it make you want another one?"  Cuz, NO, it doesn't.  I love babies...love them...loved my own...but holding one is quick to remind me that they don't sleep at night so hot (I like sleep)...and I'm done with diapers, thanks...Now, hand over the baby, please!  After typing the above, I must say that adoption does flitter through my mind occasionally...but there are so many barriers between me and there...who knows how God will work.  Somehow, I doubt if it happens that they will be an infant though.

9 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh those cheeks...I love the baby face. And the noises. I look forward to grandbabies one day (college, job, marriage, grandchildren-in that order!)

Joyce said...

I forgot to say my youngest says we must have ham on Easter Sunday so I think we'll cook a lamb on the grill sometime over the weekend : )

Barbara H. said...

The quilt turned out nicely!

I have mixed emotions about cell phones, too.

Mushy Cloud said...

Awww what a cute baby!! Big though...phew. I know what you mean about new babies and in a lot of ways when people say that I want to shout YESSSS!!!! but then I remember the terrible twos and the potty training, urgh. I don't mind newborns until about the time they start weaning but after that no thanks. Give me one back when they're about four and I don't have to have so much patience with the laundry!!

Anonymous said...

I'm 60/40 too! And highest on verbal for left brain and holistic for right. Who'd have thunk it?!?!? Love, Mom D

Expats Again said...

Babies are wonderful, but it is nice to give them back to mom after a while.

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

That was a big baby!!!

I agree with you though (not that anyone these days would assume I would have another child) they're wonderful to snuggle with and they're wonderful to hand back to mama!

Sheena said...

Cute quilt and #8 made me laugh...a LOT!

Expats Again said...

Bobbi,
You asked for the rhubarb crumble recipe. It was copied from the BBC recipe page. It was delicious served warm with real whipped cream.

"James Martin’s classic rhubarb crumble recipe,"


Ingredients
10 sticks of rhubarb
4 tbsp water
8 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp powdered ginger
110g/4oz butter, softened
110g/4oz demerara sugar
180-200g/6-7oz flour

To serve
double cream

Preparation method
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
Cut the rhubarb into 7½cm/3in long sticks and place on an oven tray, sprinkle with the water and caster sugar and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
Once cooked, remove from the oven, sprinkle over the ginger and mix well.
Fill an ovenproof dish about 4cm/1½in deep with the rhubarb.

Rub the butter into the flour and sugar to make the crumble topping. Sprinkle over the rhubarb and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes, or until the crumble topping is crisp and golden-brown and the rhubarb filling has softened and is bubbling.
Remove and allow to cool slightly before serving with double cream.

Enjoy!