Thursday, April 7, 2011

What would you like to drink?

I worked to memorize Isaiah 55 earlier this year...and in truth, I'd sort of forgotten that I had it memorized.  I started to read it while working on my favorite Bible Study and thought...whoa, I know this!  Very cool.

I'd gotten the main jist of the meaning before, of course...but had failed to notice the significance of the three different drinks offered.

Water, alludes to salvation.  In John 7:28 Jesus says, "Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'"  Earlier in John 4:14 Jesus said, "but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

Wine, points to a zest for life.  Joy.  As a Christian I need to act like I've drunk His Wine.  I need to be full of zest for life and confidence in the future He has planned for me.  I don't want to be like the bumper sticker I once saw, "If you're a christian, someone should inform your face!"


Lastly, milk stands for nourishment/nurture.  I need to be studying and growing.  What am I going to study and learn this summer when my favorite Bible Study is on summer break?  I need to be encouraging and teaching.  When did I last send a card or made an encouraging phone call?

1 comment:

Ozjane said...

Good one..
The lilac/purple flower at the top of my blog is a dahlia
Have not grown them for a few years.