Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday Musings: Trusting God!!


I suppose it is a good thing when a key verse in the sermon directly applies to your heart...even when the Pastor doesn't go that way with his exposition of it.  Although he spent a lot of time connected this to verse 11...and speaking of justice and how christians cannot beg ignorance as an excuse to not do right....this  one key verse stuck with me and I found myself pondering it hours later.

Proverbs 24:10
If you fail under pressure,  your strength is too small.

I was convicted that I wasn't trusting God.  So I decided to do a word study on trust, trusting and trustworthy.  Generally, this means I go to biblos.com and copy and paste a bunch of verses.  Then I look them up (what comes before and after being of utmost importantce)...and I try to be quiet (er) and let God work.  And He is always faithful to do so.  Beware...this is often painful.  If you ask to see your yuck...He is very very faithful.

Joshua 1:9 Have not I commanded you? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be you dismayed: for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.
I am commanded, not merely comforted or coddled, to be strong and courageous.  If I know The Lord my God is with me I have no cause for distress or fear...in present or future.

2 Samuel 7:28 And now, O Lord GOD, you are that God, and your words be true, and you have promised this goodness to your servant:
David had great plans for God...but it wasn't God's will or purpose for him.  Rather than pout, David acknowledges that The Lord is God (and not man)...He reminds himself that God's Word is true (and will come to be, is perfect, etc), and that although different from his own plans, God's plans are full of promises and goodness...to His servant; a devoted and faithful follower.

Psalms 9:10 And they that know your name will put their trust in you: for you, LORD, have not forsaken them that seek you.
This is how God deals with His dependent disciples.  "I dare not trust the sweetest frame but wholly lean on Jesus name."  God doesn't forsake me when I seek Him.  I'd better make sure I'm constantly seeking Him and not just doing what I think is best.

Psalms 13:5 But I have trusted in your mercy; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
I have trusted in His compassion and forgiveness where punishment is deserved.  That is His salvation...and my heart should rejoice.  Talk about a change of focus, eh?

Psalms 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
This is good for me in light of military/political issues especially.  Aside from every invasion...strength of any army (for or against)...The LORD, my God...He is to be remembered as Sovereign and in control.  Watching the news and getting all uptight is wrong...Remembering His name is right.

Psalms 31:14 But I trusted in you, O LORD: I said, You are my God.
Even after overhearing the enemies plans (vs 13)...I will trust in the LORD...and trust Him with my future (vs 15)

Psalms 56:3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in you.
What time?  WHEN...it's gonna happen.  What will I do?  Trust in you.  I will praise Him for His promises and remember that mere mortals can not harm me.  (vs 4)

Psalms 84:12 O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusts in you.
Lord of hosts (of angel armies)...He is our sun and shield, giving us grace and glory and withholding no good thing from us (vs 11)...we have blessings and joy when we trust Him.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not to your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do, and he'll lead you in the right way to go.  (vs 6)...My understanding of things is not full or perfect...not by a long shot.

Proverbs 11:13 A talebearer reveals secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit conceals the matter.
Trustworthy=faithful spirit...the wise keep quiet.  No gossip.  Have you prayed about it as much as you've talked about?

Proverbs 11:28 He that trusts in his riches shall fall; but the righteous shall flourish as a branch.
But God provides far more security than any earthly investment can ever give.  When I learn this I will be fruitful.

Proverbs 28:26 He that trusts in his own heart is a fool: but whoever walks wisely, he shall be delivered.
My insights are shortsighted, at best...and foolish.  Walking in God's plans for me will keep me safe.

Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
Jehovah---God of holiness and eternal self existence.  Again, no reason for fear...Know God, Know peace.  I will have strength and I will sing His praises.

Isaiah 43:1 But now thus said the LORD that created you, O Jacob, and he that formed you, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed you, I have called you by your name; you are mine.
The only reason I'm still gadding about is God's sovereign grace over my life.  That's both humbling and comforting.  I've been ransomed.  "Jesus paid it all...all to Him I owe...sin had left a crimson stain...He washed it white as snow."

Jeremiah 7:8 Behold, you trust in lying words, that cannot profit.
I shouldn't be thinking that I'm not going to suffer for my disobedience.  Listening to such lies is going to be a rough road.  Repent often and listen only to Him.

Daniel 6:23 Then was the king exceedingly glad for him, and commanded that they should take Daniel up out of the den. So Daniel was taken up out of the den, and no manner of hurt was found on him, because he believed in his God.
Not a scratch.  I'm gonna guess that if the his friends didn't smell like fire after walking about in a furnace, that he didn't even smell like big kitties either.  Why such miraculous salvation (no more miraculous than mine?)  Belief in God.  Fully, completely...regardless of earthly outcome.  Not wavering.

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me.
Faith (complete trust and confidence) in him can stop the heart from being agitated.

Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
God is the source of hope, He will fill me completely with joy and peace because I trust in him. Then I will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Revelation 21:5 And he that sat on the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said to me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
God always speaks truth.  He is trustworthy and true.  He makes all things new.  Eternity with Him.

Note:  I'm attempting to blog via my ipad...I'm still new at this...and formatting is giving me fits.  Please be patient.  Sorry if things aren't as put together as normal.  There is only so much time I'm willing to give to blogging.  Formatting anymore wasn't in today's schedule.

No comments: