Thursday, June 19, 2014
I went to visit my parents...with the kiddos and dog...sans the China gallivanting Loverbrains. I believe, on Wednesday, when I would normally be hodgepodging, I was sipping iced coffee and learning to knit washclothes with my Mom!
2. What's the first word that comes to mind when I say marriage? Yes, one word.
3. Summer officially arrives in the Northern hemisphere later this week. Does it feel like summer where you live? Describe your idea of the perfect summer day.
It feels like summertime here in Indiana. I was welcomed home from Ohio by thick, muggy humidity that I've come to associate with Indiana summers. It's not exactly loverly walking in soup. It makes me think of that movie "Throw Mama From The Train"...where he keeps trying to write his book and can't get past the first sentence...The night was muggy...The night was sultry...The night was...
Please NOTE: After this awful winter I am not complaining...just stating the facts. In additional fact, I'm blissfully happy about having a lovely air conditioned home and vehicle...and gallons of iced coffee!! Life is good here.
4. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."(Sam Keen) Is laziness ever respectable? Do you have a lazy summer planned, or something semi-ambitious?
I suppose it depends on the definition of laziness. True laziness is not ever respectable...and goodness knows just look around America and you'll see a plenty. But, relaxed time for rest and renewal...now that's respectable and remarkably sane. Our summer here is short...and although punctuated by my Loverbrains travels it will be pretty deliberately relaxed and fun.
5. Past or present, who's your favorite television dad? Why is he a favorite? Is he anything like your own dad?
Bill Cosby as Cliff Huckstable. There are definite hilarious similarities between him and my Dad come to think of it. Although there are rather striking differences too! HA!
6. June 18th is International Picnic Day...share a favorite picnic memory.
When Loverbrains and I were still young and full of funtimes...hahaha...we liked to picnic with our tiny baby all over Cinci, where we lived at the time. I packed my Longaberger picnic basket (wedding gift) full of homemade awesomeness and we headed to all the parks in the city. What I learned about picnicing was...being organized counts and it was a lot harder than initially realized.
7. The travel site Trip Advisor lists the top five islands in the world for 2014 as- Ambergris Caye in Belize Cayes, Providenciales in Turks and Caicos, Bora Bora in French Polynesia, Marco Island Florida, and Lewis and Harris in The Outer Hebrides (Scotland). Have you been to any of these? Of those listed (and if price were not a factor) which would you most like to book for a holiday?
Never been to any of them...but I'll pick Bora Bora...just cuz it'd be so fun to say you'd been there!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I should be cleaning...something...but I'm not. I did do the one thing I know to be a catalyst to engage my inner housecleaner...I scheduled house guests for a dinner date on Saturday. But, for right now, I want to read my book...and sit in my comfy chair.