Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Rosie Hodgepodge

1. I've read several posts and status updates recently describing end of year school field trips. Do you remember taking school field trips as a kid? Where did you go and do you recall a favorite? For any parents responding today, have you ever chaperoned a school field trip, and if so where?
I did two to the zoo this year.  Ugh...I keep telling myself to be happy I get to go...but whoa.  ExHausTing!  I wouldn't go except I seriously worry they'd lose my kid.  I am amazed they don't lose more kids.  I Yi Yi!

2. What's something you're tired of seeing online?
Miley Cyrus scantily clad.  Invites to play idiotic games on Facebook from people I barely know.



 3. June is the month for roses. Which of the following expressions would you say has most recently applied to your life-'everything's coming up roses', 'there's no rose without a thorn', 'came out smelling like a rose', or 'wearing rose-colored glasses'? 
There's no rose without a thorn...

4. When grilling outdoors do you prefer gas or charcoal? Who does the grilling at your house? What's the last thing you ate that was cooked on a grill?
Gas, Loverbrains and Tilapia with Zucchini.

5. Are you afraid of the dark?
Nope.

6. Share a favorite song with a number in it's title.

7. "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."(C.G. Jung). Do you agree? Why or why not?
Totally.  When I pray for someone who's irritating me...generally, I find, it's me who changes.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Crazy storms here today.  Lots of rain.  Praying for no more hail.  Pizza tonight...woot woot. How's that for random??

6 comments:

Denise said...

I am sick and tired of Miley Cyrus

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara H. said...

I agree about Miley. I think if they'd stop reporting every little thing she does, maybe she'd stop doing some of these things.

Field trips are exhausting.

Mary said...

I agree with everybody about Miley. I don't know if she's trying to be the next Madonna, but it's pretty disgusting.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I said Miley too, enough already. I also do not play the games on Facebook! Like your answer to #7. Hadn't seen that video before. Thanks for stopping over. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Joyce said...

I love your sweet little roses. Are you reading Ribsy with your kids? I always enjoyed the Beverly Cleary books.