Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday: No worries...

Have you ever had one of those moments where your worries fall upon you... leaving you almost literally gulping for air? I happened to be flipping through Pinterest when I noticed my tight neck and shoulders and tense breathing...and as I gulped, I prayed...and pinned some things worth sharing.

There is nothing better to hold onto than Scripture...and sometimes in my flustered flutter I can't think of where to go...this is useful...

How often I've thought what a great pray-er I'd be if I did pray in place of worrying.  Seems like such an obvious point when I know the one accomplishing nothing and the other is the answer to everything.

So often my worries are centered around my being a control freak and wanting information about the future that I don't have...might never have.  Waiting on the Lord is hard...but I love this poster.  I want to use times of waiting to consider his glory and grow stronger and courageous.

I love this doodle...cuz I tend to do this with verses I'm trying to memorize.  It's a visual learner thang.  Oh, how I desire to be confident...strong, full of heart...as I wait on the Lord.

Praise the Lord that He uses His Word...even through the Pinterest channel...to calm my worries and encourage my heart.  So often, we hear about media as a source of evil...but today, I have proven this false.  It was merciful sweet dreams for me.  God is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is good all the time. Love. Mom D

Barbara H. said...

Love the one on waiting - one of the hardest things to do. A book I read recently about a little boy with cancer called it the in-between time.