Monday, February 21, 2011

Humble Meetings: Mac Lynch & Natalie on Fire!

Photo Source

The many definitions of humble came to mind this past weekend.

Humble:  adj. -having a feeling of insignificance, inferiority, subservience, etc.: In the presence of so many world-famous peoples  I felt very humble.

I met Mac Lynch.  He and his wife Beth are a great composing/musical team!  He's written Redeeming the Time, Don't Be Afraid, God's Refining Fire, Find us Faithful, and lots more.  He also sings in the SMS Men's Chorus with my Pastor, Mark Felber.  They have been long time....lifetime friends.  When Mac (ooo, can I call him that?) is recording in Indy he often comes to our church on Wednesday nights...but because I teach Patch Club and he slips out early to head home...I kept missing getting to meet him.  
Humble: adj. -not proud or arrogant; modest: to be humble although successful.   

Guess what?...He was a very real and nice person.  Not that I expected anything different...but it was so nice to chit chat with him briefly.  Humility is especially striking when the person is successful.  They are legitimately talented and have something to be proud of...but instead are modest and casually retiring.  They find little things in common to chat about...and it's not all about you humbling yourself before them.  (Humble: verb-to lower in condition, importance, or dignity; abase.)

Then I met Natalie who is a Mommy on Fire...in the flesh.  The very first blogger sister I have ever EVER met in real life!  It was wonderful!  In my humble opinion (Humble: verb-courteously respectful), she was beyond kind...since, being the chicken city driver that I am...I found the biggest money pit parking garage in Indy and we paid a fortune to park for two hours.  AND...hilariously we paid extra because we got our tickets and then stood in the parking garage talking...hahahaha!
Humble- verb- to make meek: to humble one's heart.   

It was great to share what is REALLY going on with us...reading between the lines of our blogs...those things you expect but don't know about someone 'til you really get to know them.  It was encouraging to share our words of OBEDIENCE and realize that "Obedience and Humility are married" as Natalie said.  To be terrified and excited at what God can do, and will do, and IS doing in our lives and the lives of those we love. To sum up....some verses came to mind...

"Friends always show their love. What are {sisters} for if not to share troubles?
- Proverbs 17:17

"Some friendships do not last, but some friends are more loyal than {sisters}."
- Proverbs 18:24  

"An honest answer is the sign of true friendship."
- Proverbs 24:26
 

3 comments:

Natalie at Mommy on Fire said...

Oh, sweet Bobbi...You made my heart flutter this morning as I sip my coffee. You are indeed a beautiful sister and I love your soul so much. What a gift our time was to me.

I'm posting about it on Friday...I had not gotten to Friday yet and thought it would be the perfect day to share about my "real life bloggy sister that are now in the flesh friends!!!"

You are a gem and worth every red cent we spent at that scammy garage!

I fixed the link, too - thank you for noticing!

Barbara H. said...

What fun meetings! The only blogger I've met in real life was someone I knew from college -- we just rediscovered each other with our blogs.

I've never met Mac -- he was a few years ahead of me in college and was known then for his piano playing. I didn't know he could sing and compose until he went to the Wilds. I've enjoyed his music so much. I heard his wife, Beth, speak at a ladies' conference a sister church invited our ladies to a few years ago. She has that same spirit of sweet humility.

It's Grace said...

How fun!! I am so glad you and Natalie got to meet in person and had such a nice visit. Natalie was the first blogger I met in real life, too!! She's lots of fun to talk to and is very authentic.

Thanks for sharing..love your girls picture, too!!