Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Remember His Faithfulness

God is the Lord of the past, present and future.

Sometimes I need to be reminded of this...especially when I watch the news lately!

I need to look at God instead of my circumstances.  AND, if I say that I believe He is LORD of the past, present and future I need to have an attitude that reflects exactly that Truth.

I was reading in Joshua...I love OT stories...and as I get older it is fun to see my childhood stories with their little details, becoming big details to live by.  Now this is not when God parted the Red Sea...but it reminds the people of that, I'm sure.  This is when God parts the Jordan so they would know that the "living God is among you and will drive out the "other nations" before you" (Josh. 3:10)  Just like the Red Sea when they were leaving Egypt...they walked across on DRY GROUND!  Don'tcha just love that...not muddy but DRY ground!?

"When all the nation had finished passing over the Jordan, the Lord said to Joshua, “Take twelve men from the people, from each tribe a man, and command them, saying, ‘Take twelve stones from here out of the midst of the Jordan, from the very place where the priests’ feet stood firmly, and bring them over with you and lay them down in the place where you lodge tonight.’” Then Joshua called the twelve men from the people of Israel, whom he had appointed, a man from each tribe. And Joshua said to them, “Pass on before the ark of the Lord your God into the midst of the Jordan, and take up each of you a stone upon his shoulder, according to the number of the tribes of the people of Israel, that this may be a sign among you. When your children ask in time to come, ‘What do those stones mean to you?’ then you shall tell them that the waters of the Jordan were cut off before the ark of the covenant of the Lord. When it passed over the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off. So these stones shall be to the people of Israel a memorial forever.” Joshua 4:1-7
They had a stack of stones reminding them of God's faithfulness...of His special covenant with them!  I need to have in my memory (or journal, or blog) a record of God's Faithfulness...so that I am reminded in each hard thing I face.  

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!  
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
by Thomas Obediah Chisholm

&
with Tiffini

12 comments:

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for Grandparents and Caregivers said...

What an encouraging Word-Filled Wednesday full of uplifting Bible verses, sweet praise and worship hymn song lyrics and a lovely photo. Thank you for such a blessing today.

Anonymous said...

Awesome study and post today, you totally piqued my interest.


Irritation

lori said...

Love this Bobbi!
Looking back to see where we are...trust. A stack of stones. I LOVE this image! Peace girlfriend!
lori

Ginger said...

Oh Bobbi,
I love that.

Peggy said...

Blessings Bobbi... What a beautiful image and verse! Great message from Joshua and hymn to top it off!

I'm so thankful for God's faithfulness! And you're so right...
"I need to have in my memory (or journal, or blog) a record of God's Faithfulness...so that I am reminded in each hard thing I face."

Thanks for your visit and sharing this because now I will see my blog as a "stack of stones", record of how GREAT IS HIS FAITHFULNESS!

Peace and JOY,
Peggy

Julie Arduini said...

Wonderful post. Thank you!

Tiffini said...

I have thought I might use real stones and just start piling them up as memorials...really I have:) Now I use my altar cards. a lot less space needed...lol!
like I said in the email...I LOVE this story! hits my heart hard. Thanks for sharing friend:)

Natalie at said...

Bobbi, this is so wonderful and new to me. I've not spent a lot of time in these scriptures and the stack of stones was fascinating to read about. Love your knowledge and insight, my parking garage friend!

I love that we prayed in a parking garage...I was just thinking of that the other day - that we just stopped right where we were and prayed. It was worth the extra $4! :)

Hope your day has been a great one!

Natalie at Mommy on Fire said...

OK, I hit send before I was done...HA!

Barbara H. said...

Love your photo there and the devotional as well. It's good to stop and remember what God has done for us along the way, and to share that with our children.

Cathy said...

That is just beautiful, Dear. It is so encouraging and comforting to us and Israel. Thank you ~ Love ~

Unknown said...

My friend told me the other night that I needed to build an altar in this space in my life, celebrating the deliverance from my anger. This is just further confirmation. Rejoicing over what the Lord has done!