Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hodgepodge Spring Approacheth?

Photo Source

Even though the stories of Joyce walking through giant snowdrifts in heels is enough to keep us laughing many a day...I'm with her...SPRING...oh, come quickly!  Puh...leaze!
1. Your favorite chocolate treat?
Anything pairing chocolate with caramel.  My Loverbrains gets me caramel filled Dove chocolates for our anniversary and my birthday.  I whole bag of caramel chocolates with funny little sayings in the wrappers.

2. What more than anything else makes you feel loved?
When Loverbrains does something that shows that he really knows me...for example, he came home with Irises on Valentine's because he knows me well enough to know that I don't like cliches and prefer the unusual to the millions of red roses out there. 

3. Cherries or blueberries?
Blueberries...hmmm...muffins or Wicked Blueberry Coffee Cake!

4. What is the one trait you most want the leader of your country to posess?
I'd be happy with, "To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."  Micah 6:8 Wait that's more than one trait. How about "Christ-likeness?"  How about Christ Himself??  "Even so, come, Lord Jesus!!"  Revelation 22:20

5. Are you a saver or a spender?
When I got married I'd have said spender...but my Loverbrains frugality has rubbed off...and now I'd say that I'm a saver.  Really...most of the time...

6. If you gave a party for all of your friends would they already know each other?
Absolutely NOT...in fact they might hate each other. Yet another of the multitude of reasons I got off of Facebook...my friends weren't compatible.  And friends...talk about a messed up word...I have VERY few true friends...however, I have a plethora of grand acquaintances from all stretches, phases and shades of life.

7. Are you interested in antiques?
Yes, very!!  My mother has been an excellent teacher...I can spot good finds at garage sales, etc.  Antiques Roadshow has been most helpful too!  I recently purchased an antique phone desk from the garage sale  of missionaries home on furlough from Honduras.  And they threw in a nifty carved old chair too!

8. My Own Random...
Very pretty Valentine Irises from my Loverbrains!  Gorgeous promises of Spring!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got roses, but they were far from the old standard re. They are beautifully shaded, reddish, orange, yellow and boy what a fragrance! Your irises are drop dead gorgeous! Go, Darren! Love, Mom D.

Joyce said...

I love iris (state flower of Tennessee, you know!)...yours are beautiful and that is a thoughtful gift. Growing up, my mom had a big bed in one corner of our yard that was nothing but masses of iris. I wish I had her green thumb. In our house in the UK we had a pond in the back patio and it had iris in it. I'd never seen them growing that way but they were gorgeous too.

Barbara H. said...

You know, I don't know if I have ever seen irises in a vase. Other spring-time flowers, yes. They're lovely!

That coffeecake sounds good.

Amen to #4.

Betty W said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Made me smile.
Your hubby is a thoughtful guy. Love the irises.
I think the word friends has been taken out of context, due to fb too.

Michelle said...

Ok, I'm getting hungry!
I would love some blueberry muffins or blueberry coffee cake right about now.

You sound like someone I would love to go antique shopping with.

Anonymous said...

I am with you on the friends thing. I do not have a lot of friends who I rally confide in...mainly just acquaintances.

The flowers are beautiful, by the way!

Beth Zimmerman said...

Those flowers are gorgeous! I like the chocolate and caramel combination too especially if you throw in a little sea salt! And I LOVED your answers on leaders and friends!

LynnMarie said...

Beautiful flowers! Chocolate and caramel.....sounds delish!

Proverbs 31 Wannabe said...

Your irises are beautiful! and I love your answer to #4...couldn't agree more.

Anonymous said...

Your irises look beautiful :)