Wednesday, February 9, 2011

WFW & WWW...may the acronyms abound...

I decided to participate in two Meme's today...one I've done alot and love...WFW= Word Filled Wednesday....and a new one WWW= Word Women Wednesday.  The linky buttons are at the bottom of the post if you'd like to join along!

A typical Wednesday in the life of Bobbi....hmmm...Well, it brought this verse to mind.  I have a LATTE PLANS!  Har har har...I crack myself up! *sniff*...but, I often am stumped with a not so good feeling when I consider if those plans have been the Lord's plans...and if those things that didn't get done just weren't part of what I should have been focusing on in the first place.

Generally, I rise at 5 to have some quiet time alone with God and His Word.  My children wake around 6 and I.AM.OFF...making breakfast, dressing them, showering/dressing myself, tidying house the house as I go.

Wednesdays are household chore days...the largest being LAUNDRY!  So, I sort the tedious mountain that awaits me every week.  Today, happens to be bedsheets day too!  Yeah!  Washing them doesn't bother me...it's the REMAKING...ugh! That counts as a work out!

I will try to dust and clean the bathrooms.  I will plan to look over the lesson for Patch Club tonight, assign the skit, practice the music...lay out the kids PeeWee uniforms.  I plan to finish the new book my Loverbrains let me buy cheaper on his Kindle, finish a daily chunk of BSF study, BLOG...blog ahead...blog comment...

I'll need to make dinner...start the crockpot around the time I'm feeding the kid's lunch (this is how I often forget to eat lunch, sigh)...Start bread in breadmaker at same time...Put them down for naps...fold and zip about while they sleep...

Set the table, change clothes into teacher uniform, eat dinner as soon as Loverbrain's walks through the door, dress and ZOOM to church...TEACH, LOVE, LISTEN, TEACH...ZOOM home...put Sweet Boobahs to bed, snuggle Loverbrains over the secret ice cream...carry up laundry baskets...ZZZZZZ!

BUT, IF THAT'S NOT THE LORD'S PURPOSE FOR MY DAY...those things won't happen...and I need to be okay with what goes differently (notice I didn't say WRONG)!

I need to remember other important things that I need to fit in before those TASKS...
-GENTLE answers for my Sweet Boobahs.
-Calm and Kindness for my Loverbrains in my attitude this evening.
-Memorizing/Hiding God's Word in my heart throughout the day.
-Cut myself a break if the going gets too tough...It can be done another day!

I want the LORD'S plans to be MY plans!

WOMEN-WORD WEDNESDAY--is hosted by Tiffini at The House Of Belonging!

INTERNET CAFE DEVOTIONS

9 comments:

Pastor D said...

Lots of zipping and zooming and not enough zzzz's if you ask me. Have a blessed day!

Tiffini said...

mommy's are sure busy people aren't they? bread and a crockpot that sounds good! I'm thinking being a contented mommy is so pleasing to Him..loving and teaching our little ones...so enough:)
happy you shared your day with us today..loving the sneak peeks into your hearts
xo

Barbara H. said...

Busy day! I had to learn that as well. At first I wasn't very organized, and had to learn how to be. Then I'd get so frustrated when things didn't go according to plan -- after taking the time to plan -- and had to remember "A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps" (Proverbs 16:9). The balance between being organized yet flexible is one that I often have to work on.

Kathryn said...

Amen! I want the Lord in my day too-- to live every moment deliberately, and deliberately for Him. Thanks for this post!

lori said...

It's amazing how much better it goes when we give it to Him...intentional living. When we allow HIM to order the steps...no matter how mundane, we notice Him in the midst of it...so well said girl!
So well said!

peace,
lori

lori said...

and I had to come back and answer the question....
no, we were clearly, madly in love. We got married in....are you ready for this??
PITTSBURGH???? huh? what? yes indeed...in February. yep...it worked! :) thought that'd warm ya!!

ozjane said...

Hope His sovereign plans went well for you.
Love your comment on my visit......it cracks me up when God makes me walk the walk as well as talk the talk. I used to say God got me...then I thought it was maybe dodging calling sin sin.......but not in a situation like that.
He is a faithful Father.

Unknown said...

I'm with you on all counts, with these 2 in particular: remaking the sheet-less beds and letting things go if they don't go as planned...

Pia said...

that's one of my favorite verses in the Bible.

I want the LORD'S plans to be MY plans! --- AMEN!